General Category > Starward Rogue Mods & Modding

Mod Creation Testing Requested Thread

<< < (2/3) > >>

Logorouge:
Here's an additional mech I'm about ready to release on the Steam forums, but before that I wanted to ask for some feedback here.

Missile Mech Rex:
His special allows him to regain missiles on enemy kills and his levelups contain missile capacity upgrades more often.
On the downside, he does weak damage and has low energy.

Does the mech feel too weak/too strong?
Are those missiles-on-kill frequent enough?
Are the additional levelups missile cap perks all working? (Level 4-6-7-9) The perks work.
Is the Readme file detailed enough?

If you have comments on those or anything else really, please share I would love to hear them.

Pepisolo:
Regarding Rex, I've got it set up, and I'll be testing it during runs. Seems pretty cool, so far, though.

For Reanimator, overall seems super cool, I haven't beaten it, yet, but that's fine. Those walls that seem to grow when you're near, very cool, but for a few runs I thought that these would damage me or something if I got near. Purely cosmetic?

I got one missing image error....missing ZombieMechTorso2.

When you use the teleporter to the boss, the shot clearing effect that triggers can look a bit janky as it affects your own shots. It's like your gun has stopped working or something. This is the normal bevaviour of the teleporters, right? If so, I need to Mantis that.

Not the most useful feedback, heh. I'll keep testing. Seems an enjoyable boss to me.

ptarth:

--- Quote from: Pepisolo on February 17, 2016, 06:19:12 pm --- Those walls that seem to grow when you're near, very cool, but for a few runs I thought that these would damage me or something if I got near. Purely cosmetic?

--- End quote ---
At this point yes. If you want them to kill you, I can manage that.

--- Quote ---I got one missing image error....missing ZombieMechTorso2.

--- End quote ---
Bah. Sorry. If you remove the 2 it will work fine.

--- Quote ---When you use the teleporter to the boss, the shot clearing effect that triggers can look a bit janky as it affects your own shots. It's like your gun has stopped working or something. This is the normal bevaviour of the teleporters, right? If so, I need to Mantis that.

--- End quote ---

Yes. That's the default action. The shot nuking is there to stop players from abusing teleporters to get free shots. It may just not work for the boss area and I'll add normal entrances.

ptarth:

--- Quote from: logorouge on February 15, 2016, 02:06:53 am ---Missile Mech Rex:
Does the mech feel too weak/too strong?
Are those missiles-on-kill frequent enough?
Are the additional levelups missile cap perks all working? (Level 4-6-7-9) The perks work.
Is the Readme file detailed enough?

--- End quote ---

* Readme.txt is fine
* He feels a bit weak and generic.
* His design flavor isn't really coming through strong enough.
* As I understand it, you want him to be all about missiles. In that case, a special missile (MIRV, homing, cluster, big AOE, something) would be appropriate. On average, you are getting 1 missile every 20 enemies, which means you still can't rely on it very often except to supplement damage against high level targets on occasion.
* You also can't get into the habit of using them because the acquisition rate is too low, you can accidentally run out that way. I'd suggest increasing it. 
* The black mech is pretty dark and can blend in with things, I'd suggest going with brighter character sprite.
* I can see two paths. In the first, have him have a low missile capacity, but to get missiles very frequently. It becomes a spend them or lose them situation. Alternatively give him a massive missile storage capacity and then a moderately low missile spawn rate.
* I never picked any of the missile storage level ups because the alternatives were so much better.
Some design questions that may be useful in guiding your thinking about the mech design.

* What percentage of the time should the mech use his primary weapon? His secondary? His missiles?
* How impactful do you want the missiles to be?
* How is the mech different from the other mechs?
Cheers,
Pt

Hearteater:
I'd recommend the low initial capacity. This allows +capacity through items/level-ups to have more impact, and it means a higher acquisition rate which means more frequent use patterns which makes for a better overall feel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version