Author Topic: Idea List  (Read 13706 times)

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
Re: Idea List
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 07:34:19 pm »
Looking at the tutorial stuff for the first time (while searching for time not refresh based activity)... unless I'm mistaken, you can create an entire campaign using this... hmmmm......
I've been thinking for a while that if we played with the way the game handles inventory, we could make a top down Metroidvania with this.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2016, 09:30:59 pm »
unless I'm mistaken, you can create an entire campaign using this... hmmmm......
Clearly I did not make the XML painful enough.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2016, 09:35:53 pm »
unless I'm mistaken, you can create an entire campaign using this... hmmmm......
When you stare at it long enough, it starts making sense.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2016, 09:58:31 pm »
When you stare at it long enough, it starts making sense.
Truly, if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2016, 01:07:04 am »
I suppose I should also add this:
  • Train boss
    • The player is on the floor of a giant train station. The railway is laid out on the ground of the room. The boss teleports to tunnel entrances. Roars down it and then teleports when it hits the tunnel exit. The boss is the engine and it has train cars following it with their own weapons.
  • Reanimator
    • All those dead hydral mechs have been piling up over the years. Someone has figured out how to rebuild them and guess who wanders into that guy's house?
  • Frogger
    • Cross lines of shots that look like cars, trucks, buses, and logs, to get to a safe zone to shoot at the boss.
  • Pacman
    • In a pacman maze you have to chase down and kill a ship laying spawning eggs and kill those eggs. If you fail, they grow up into aggressive hungry ships
  • Insanity
    • Write a program that writes readable, but bad xml boss encounters. Create 10-20 variants of this and then have them all be nested inside of a single boss, so you'll randomly get one of them to fight each time. Then on subsequent patches, randomize another 10-20 and replace the old ones. Make it so that no one will ever know what they are getting themselves into.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2016, 01:09:01 am »
*Insanity
**Write a program that writes readable, but bad xml boss encounters.
As the hundred monkeys on typewriters scrolled by on the boss intro screen, the player's heart froze...
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk