Author Topic: Idea List  (Read 13695 times)

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
Idea List
« on: January 25, 2016, 03:29:18 pm »
So, I've ran across a few ideas that I thought were cool, but couldn't (or haven't) been able to make anything awesome with them. I'm sure others have had the same experience. So, let's start a list where we can put them, and maybe someone else will get inspired.

• Rocket Frogs
  • Crazy as a spider on rollerskates
  • Moveable blocks
  • Bullet-time special ability
  • King Koopa as a boss
  • Power Rangers
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Idea List
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 06:00:50 pm »
Okay, I'll bite:

Rocket Frogs:  is it possible to make an enemy that fires a system when it smacks a wall?  That's not something I've tried before and the XML documentation is a labyrinth of many floors with traps and, I dunno, clowns everywhere, so I'm not going near that right now.   But if so, what about an enemy that makes a violent charge at the player (like those dog things do), except with alot less ability to turn, and if it smacks a wall, a bunch of "shrapnel" shoots backwards at random angles?  The idea partially comes from the original Metroid:  those things that would fall from the ceiling and "drill" into the floor, and in the process they'd spray a wave of projeciles outwards.    And I figure, a frog with a rocket wouldnt be a very coordinated frog, so... smacks into walls!

Crazy as a spider on rollerskates:  .....Rocket frogs with additional caffiene?

Movable blocks:  Yes, I'd love this one.  Something tells me it'd be some sort of giant hassle for them to make though.  But it could be pretty great.

Bullet-time:  Ooh, that'd be neat.  What about a consumable that does this?  Considering the sort of thing the Redshift can do, I'd guess that the game is capable of this.  Maybe.

Koopa:  Well, Super Mario Bros, the first game, he breathes fire from like a million miles away, the flames go through everything, we've got an enemy that does the same thing, so.... boss version of a Blaze Cannon?  ....this is SO tempting but it sounds like a mad science experiment that could go horribly wrong.   Needless to say that just makes it more tempting.   It'd also drive players crazy, of course.  Even MORE tempting.

Power Rangers:  What.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 06:04:28 pm »
Power Rangers
You have 5 different colored enemies. After you have defeated all 5 of them, they then combine and merge into a giant robot. The part I haven't gotten time to work on is the timing of an event that occurs after all 5 are dead (not before) and then the particle effects that would go with the transformation. Possibly also a little music introduction piece.

Continued List
  • a labyrinth of many floors with traps and, I dunno, clowns everywhere
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 06:10:38 pm »
Have them be boss buddies and have boss invisible until all buddies are dead. Then activate boss proper. Win??!!
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 06:11:13 pm »
That makes me realize something else:  We have no secret levels/areas in the game! 

That's something I'd like to see later on.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 06:27:58 pm »
Have them be boss buddies and have boss invisible until all buddies are dead. Then activate boss proper. Win??!!

Sounds promising, but how do you make the boss un-invisible after becoming active?

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 06:33:40 pm »
That makes me realize something else:  We have no secret levels/areas in the game! 

Secret Cow Level Confirmed

Sounds promising, but how do you make the boss un-invisible after becoming active?

You mean visible?  Can you tie invisible/inactive to a system granted by the boss buddies?  So if each of the 5 have it then when all die that goes away?
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 08:19:21 pm »
  • a picture of a piece of cheese with a top hat.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 08:22:10 pm »
:)

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 10:25:20 pm »

Found this in Familiars area: on_master_death_transforms_into (entity)
I dunno how Boss Buddies are handled, but it makes sense if they were boss familiars.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 10:32:53 pm »

Found this in Familiars area: on_master_death_transforms_into (entity)
I dunno how Boss Buddies are handled, but it makes sense if they were boss familiars.

They can be classed as Familiars, but I don't think they are treated as familiars. It would need testing.

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 09:39:54 am »

Beer level!

More seriously, the cut exterior sections might make good "secret levels". Change how those maps are generated, make "rooms" MUCH larger with windows looking in and seed larger enemies than normal...

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 02:22:17 pm »
I don't know if it is what you meant, but the idea of having damaged versions of the basic rooms is cool. For example, have the normal room for the left half, in the center have damaged wall and floor, and then on the right empty space with angry things.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 04:34:40 pm »
I was talking with Cinth earlier, and afterwards had this idea.
The 6th mech has the timespot property. Using that + a secondary weapon that "switches" the primary weapon & player graphic, you can recreate Bionic Dues. Using the same principle the Flame mech could have two forms of its primary weapon, a short range fast firing cone of fire and a long range slow firing narrow cone.
Or you can create the Hero Party effect of turn based strategy games, for example, swap between a Fighter Bot (blocking shields and short range weapon), Wizard Bot (Long range, but slow), ClericBot (Has shields), and Thiefbot (phase out).

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 06:38:51 pm »
Looking at the tutorial stuff for the first time (while searching for time not refresh based activity)... unless I'm mistaken, you can create an entire campaign using this... hmmmm......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk