Author Topic: I have done something wrong - How I learned to love Staring into the Abyss  (Read 16982 times)

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
Re: I have done something wrong - How I learned to love Staring into the Abyss
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2016, 08:46:37 pm »
The shred guardians weapon.  I'm turning it into a player weapon.  I just have to modify it to make it reasonable for use.  It's already crazy fun to use otherwise.

Yeah. I got that part. But I have ~300 different ones already posted in images in the thread. There are thousands of different combinations if not millions. Actually, truth be told. I like to generate a bunch and then pick out my favorites. Pepisolo is a giant poo though, he only likes the blue and white ones wonderful person.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2016, 08:47:12 pm »
I'm all for a mech with a chipper-shredder arm.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2016, 08:56:26 pm »
The shred guardians weapon.  I'm turning it into a player weapon.  I just have to modify it to make it reasonable for use.  It's already crazy fun to use otherwise.

Yeah. I got that part. But I have ~300 different ones already posted in images in the thread. There are thousands of different combinations if not millions. Actually, truth be told. I like to generate a bunch and then pick out my favorites. Pepisolo is a giant poo though, he only likes the blue and white ones wonderful person.

I like it because I'm reminded of Metalman from Megaman 2.  His colors are red/grey so a red white would work to replicate the effect.  I have to shrink that down to about the size of a block if I can though, its to large as it is to use.

I'm all for a mech with a chipper-shredder arm.

I can and will, you fix the melee targeting bug first though.   :P
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2016, 09:02:02 pm »
So... is there any easy way to get a good quality png out of an in game weapon? I'd like to look into extracting several of those pinwheels and then using them for a Day of the Dead. And because the pinwheels would be a single shot graphic, the system load would be a fraction of what it is now. I guess I could write code to translate the weapon patterns into a graphic, but that's would be effectively rebuilding a portion of the game engine, which seems redundant.
Hmm, not an easy way. But if you set up a new tileset where everything is black/transparent, then set up a test chamber to use that tileset, you can probably get a room that has nothing rendering in the background. Then spawn whatever shots and take a screenshot (those are saved as .png, right?) and cut up as desired.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk