Author Topic: Feasible?  (Read 6533 times)

Offline Logorouge

Feasible?
« on: October 06, 2016, 04:01:39 pm »
I've been wondering if the following things are currently feasible:

-Reusing Redshift's power but changing the effect, aka replacing the time stop with something else. Looking through the files, I only stumbled upon dead-ends so far. The crappy Windows search didn't help with that, that's for sure.

-Adding new optional floors/branches (floor 1->2->S1->S2->3, etc).

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
Re: Feasible?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 04:52:08 pm »
I'm not sure what you mean by the first. The second would require engine reworking. Floor generation is complicated.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 05:02:43 pm »
I'm not sure what you mean by the first.

Hard to explain, but I'm basically referring to the set of conditions under which Redshift's Time stop triggers. I'd like to use those to trigger another effect instead.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 08:21:48 pm »
I'm not sure what you mean by the first.

Hard to explain, but I'm basically referring to the set of conditions under which Redshift's Time stop triggers. I'd like to use those to trigger another effect instead.

Yeah, I'm not really sure how the Time Stop works, all I know is that there's a mod on the mech <modifier target="Self" type="GlobalMovementBasedTimeDilation" /> which makes things work and stuff, heh. This modifier might not even be documented, I don't recall seeing it. Maybe take a look at The One incredibility and conditions="PlayerIsMoving" as that seems similar.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 02:20:31 am »
Redshift's Time Dilation is always on. So I'm still confused. IIRC the modifier controls when ticks happen, instead of happening in real time, they happen on control input.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 12:36:54 pm »
Redshift's Time Dilation is always on. So I'm still confused. IIRC the modifier controls when ticks happen, instead of happening in real time, they happen on control input.

I recall looking at it at one point and it was done in a weird way.  Control input sounds about right, but it's been a while since I was digging around in the code.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk