General Category > Starward Rogue Mods & Modding

Feasible?

(1/2) > >>

Logorouge:
I've been wondering if the following things are currently feasible:

-Reusing Redshift's power but changing the effect, aka replacing the time stop with something else. Looking through the files, I only stumbled upon dead-ends so far. The crappy Windows search didn't help with that, that's for sure.

-Adding new optional floors/branches (floor 1->2->S1->S2->3, etc).

ptarth:
I'm not sure what you mean by the first. The second would require engine reworking. Floor generation is complicated.

Logorouge:

--- Quote from: ptarth on October 06, 2016, 04:52:08 pm ---I'm not sure what you mean by the first.

--- End quote ---

Hard to explain, but I'm basically referring to the set of conditions under which Redshift's Time stop triggers. I'd like to use those to trigger another effect instead.

Pepisolo:

--- Quote from: logorouge on October 06, 2016, 05:02:43 pm ---
--- Quote from: ptarth on October 06, 2016, 04:52:08 pm ---I'm not sure what you mean by the first.

--- End quote ---

Hard to explain, but I'm basically referring to the set of conditions under which Redshift's Time stop triggers. I'd like to use those to trigger another effect instead.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I'm not really sure how the Time Stop works, all I know is that there's a mod on the mech <modifier target="Self" type="GlobalMovementBasedTimeDilation" /> which makes things work and stuff, heh. This modifier might not even be documented, I don't recall seeing it. Maybe take a look at The One incredibility and conditions="PlayerIsMoving" as that seems similar.

ptarth:
Redshift's Time Dilation is always on. So I'm still confused. IIRC the modifier controls when ticks happen, instead of happening in real time, they happen on control input.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version