Author Topic: Risky Assassin  (Read 4300 times)

Offline Apathetic

Risky Assassin
« on: January 18, 2016, 01:33:57 am »
I'm wondering what the actual modifiers are on the risky assassin.  In a few tests is has seemed very powerful despite the drawback and with some practice might become a staple item.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Risky Assassin
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 08:36:15 am »
This is one of the "special" items... I forget what Chris is calling them.  I think he mentioned the name in his recent video of the game.  I "believe" they might be called "Incredibilities".  They exist to massively change the game.  Many of them were actually my idea, including this one, so they can get kinda devious, hah.  You can only have one item of this type at a time though, since they take up the attachment slot.  I dont know how many are implemented right now, this is the only one I've actually seen in-game so far.  If you've seen it, I'm guessing you've figured out how to make them appear.  I do think the method needs to be a bit harder to do, but I'm not entirely sure just what to suggest yet.

Risky Assassin is meant to basically allow you to be a sniper, taking out enemies from safe places, but it puts you at heavy risk the whole time.

The description of it, taken directly from the design document, is this:

Big damage increase, big range increase, attacks from your main gun now bounce if they didn't already. Upon entering a room, you are invincible and unnoticed by enemies for a few seconds or until you fire.  You have no shields at all and you are reduced to 1 HP and no missiles at the beginning of a floor, but health/missile pickups will drop as normal.  You are immune to hazards.

Health items suddenly became alot more common in a recent build, so I might suggest that an additional penalty be applied to this item.

Offline Apathetic

Re: Risky Assassin
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 01:37:19 pm »
It certainly does live up to it's name of incredible.

I'm also not sure if it make my shots bounce the second time I got it.  Given the lack of an accurate description in game, it's hard to gauge  if it's working as intended.

One other note about it and shields.  I properly lost all shields, but later picked up a talent that would give me a shield 5% of the time when killing something and occasionally I had shields.  I don't know if this is intended either.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk