Author Topic: Reeper (again)  (Read 19978 times)

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Reeper (again)
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2016, 08:45:36 am »
Speaking of Hard mode, I've just realized there's a boss that doesnt have a hard mode variant.

And one that started out that way and needs a normal variant.

Aaaaaaaaand I totally forgot.  Ugh.  I knew I wasnt going to hit release without forgetting SOMETHING.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2016, 09:00:26 am »
Meh.  Work on it in time.  Enjoy the release.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2016, 09:18:26 am »
If I recall correctly there's no further updates being pushed until Monday anyway.   Chris is off for the weekend, as is the usual schedule.  He had *alot* to do in the period up until launch, it was seriously nuts.  Hoping that he gets some rest along with everyone else.

I need time to actually come up with ideas to make these changes anyway.  Well, the one that needs a reduction is relatively easy.  The one that needs a hard mode pattern is not, as it involves Backfire, the one boss that I think is a bit broken; I've been very, very tempted to disable the thing until fixed.  I had made it very early on and then disabled it after a problem was found, and literally forgot about it until a few days ago.  But it's still kinda problematic.  Thinking up an additional attack for that one will be annoying.  I at least have an easy solution to the "hide behind it and never get hit" problem now though.

The real fun though will come when it's time to make the Misery-level patterns, and the ultra-boss.  Well, fun for me anyway.   Havent determined how the ultra-boss is to be found/reached yet though.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2016, 09:34:55 am »
I remember Backfire *shudders*.
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2016, 09:41:50 am »
What, did it do something bizarre or broken that it wasnt supposed to?

It's good at that.  Really good.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2016, 10:15:37 am »
Dude, I ran into him once before it got disabled. 

I was caught off guard by the pattern and got killed pretty quick like.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2016, 02:34:47 pm »
Was the Reaper changed?  I ran into it just now and it never used it's whip attack.  Just kept making a beeline at me.  Which makes it alot easier to take down.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2016, 02:38:40 pm »
Yeah, though I thought Pepi got it added back.  Chris disabled it because I complained about it (a lot). 

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2016, 04:47:40 pm »
If I recall correctly there's no further updates being pushed until Monday anyway.   Chris is off for the weekend, as is the usual schedule.  He had *alot* to do in the period up until launch, it was seriously nuts.  Hoping that he gets some rest along with everyone else.

I need time to actually come up with ideas to make these changes anyway.  Well, the one that needs a reduction is relatively easy.  The one that needs a hard mode pattern is not, as it involves Backfire, the one boss that I think is a bit broken; I've been very, very tempted to disable the thing until fixed.  I had made it very early on and then disabled it after a problem was found, and literally forgot about it until a few days ago.  But it's still kinda problematic.  Thinking up an additional attack for that one will be annoying.  I at least have an easy solution to the "hide behind it and never get hit" problem now though.

The real fun though will come when it's time to make the Misery-level patterns, and the ultra-boss.  Well, fun for me anyway.   Havent determined how the ultra-boss is to be found/reached yet though.
hu sounds like we could have done with a bit more time if some things like that aren't implemented yet shame really (and before somebody points this yes I'm aware the dead line was forced) still I don't think anybody out side here has noticed(and probably won't for a good long while) so all's well that ends well I suppose.
c.r

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2016, 04:53:29 pm »

hu sounds like we could have done with a bit more time if some things like that aren't implemented yet shame really (and before somebody points this yes I'm aware the dead line was forced) still I don't think anybody out side here has noticed(and probably won't for a good long while) so all's well that ends well I suppose.

Yeah, I hate not having the Misery mode ready on launch, but.... that deadline, ugh.   Believe me, we were all a bit frustrated by it.  It was definitely annoying.  I now know what "crunch time" really means.

That mode not being entirely there though is actually pretty obvious; I think the game actually says so when you go to select it.

Right now there's sort of a temporary "hard mode with additional spawner wackiness" mode in it's place.  Which is still a tough challenge.  But yeah, the actual full mode will take some time.  It was a low priority compared to everything else.

There's a few small things I'm going to do first, but then I'm going to do that mode, and the special boss that goes along with it.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2016, 05:13:22 pm »

Yeah, I hate not having the Misery mode ready on launch, but.... that deadline, ugh.   Believe me, we were all a bit frustrated by it.  It was definitely annoying.  I now know what "crunch time" really means.

That mode not being entirely there though is actually pretty obvious; I think the game actually says so when you go to select it.

Right now there's sort of a temporary "hard mode with additional spawner wackiness" mode in it's place.  Which is still a tough challenge.  But yeah, the actual full mode will take some time.  It was a low priority compared to everything else.

There's a few small things I'm going to do first, but then I'm going to do that mode, and the special boss that goes along with it.
I actually meant that ultra boss you were talking about I wasn't aware at all that he wasn't implemented (I'm assuming that rodneys the final boss as strange as it may seem) so that's why I said that but regardless all things considered its a cracking game.
c.r

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2016, 05:16:31 pm »
Oh, yeah, that boss.  Well, that boss is going to take MUCH longer than all of the others anyway, definitely.... gonna be a freaking nightmare to test. 

Though, I wouldnt be jamming it into the game without the rest of the mode finished anyway.  Everyone's gonna have to go through the rest of the hyper-crazy bosses to get to THAT guy, heh.   I'll be interested to see if anyone manages to take the awful thing down.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2016, 05:18:21 pm »
I'll be interested to see if anyone manages to take the awful thing down.

Without cheating ;)

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2016, 05:19:59 pm »
Oh, yeah, that boss.  Well, that boss is going to take MUCH longer than all of the others anyway, definitely.... gonna be a freaking nightmare to test. 

Though, I wouldnt be jamming it into the game without the rest of the mode finished anyway.  Everyone's gonna have to go through the rest of the hyper-crazy bosses to get to THAT guy, heh.   I'll be interested to see if anyone manages to take the awful thing down.
I wouldn't be surprised probably not by my self though I mean maybe if I smash my head on it enough times but I don't know if Id have the motivation still...I might try out hard mode when I eventually beat the warden out of curiosity.
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk