Author Topic: Reeper (again)  (Read 19857 times)

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: Reeper (again)
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 06:03:33 pm »
Reaper has a pull attack that drags you in, so that's intentional. I'm not quite sure what the Reaper problem is, I just played him and can pretty much beat him 9/10 without taking damage, although visually the chain pull doesn't look as solid as it used to. Still, I've toned down the slight homing effect of the chain and reduced the distance in which the chain pulls you in, so should help.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2016, 06:08:22 pm »
Oh, Pepisolo, just so you know, I recategorized the Banshee to a Wander 5x5, so it'll stop appearing in really tiny rooms now.   Figured I'd point it out since you made it.

The 5x5 enemies are showing up WAY more often now, they added a ton more rooms that actually contain them; super rare enemies arent so anymore.

Which will also explain the blue Blaze turret, if anyone hasnt seen that before and suddenly runs into it...

Do you want to try making a Hard mode version of your stuff?   Or would you like me to do it later?

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2016, 06:17:03 pm »
Chris disabled the Lash... you put it back in?
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2016, 06:19:19 pm »
Right, just made a few more changes Reaper. The chain now has very little homing and is a lot more stabler graphically. He should be way easier now as you don't have to worry about it reaching out and grabbing you. It's more like just a straight shot. Thanks!

Do you want to try making a Hard mode version of your stuff?   Or would you like me to do it later?

Actually if you can do hard mode versions of my stuff that'd be great. I've got quite a lot of boss sound effect integration still to do and it can be a little time consuming.  Thanks. Oh, in terms of enemy categorization, whatever changes you make on that front would probably be an improvement as you have more knowledge in that area, I think. Cheers!

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2016, 06:21:01 pm »
Chris disabled the Lash... you put it back in?

Yeah, I've only just put it back in after making significant changes. The lash hardly even homes in now it's just a straight shot? Are there still problems?

Edit: oh, I might not have upped that change actually. I posted the earlier message just as I was about to commit the code then I made a few extra tweaks, so you might still be playing the older version, sorry about that.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:24:38 pm by Pepisolo »

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2016, 06:23:39 pm »
I won't know until the changes go live, lol.  I was curious. 
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2016, 06:25:38 pm »
I won't know until the changes go live, lol.  I was curious.

Oh yeah, just checking. I saw your name in the list of maps so thought you might have subversion access or something, heh. Oops! I think you'll be happy with the changes, it's much much more stable now, thanks.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2016, 06:28:19 pm »
I have 12 rooms (I think).  Misery placed two and the others went in through Mantis.  There just weren't any SmallNS/EW rooms, so I made a few.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2016, 06:34:06 pm »
I have 12 rooms (I think).  Misery placed two and the others went in through Mantis.  There just weren't any SmallNS/EW rooms, so I made a few.

Yeah, I should have probably assumed that rather than you having subversion access, heh. Thanks for the Reaper feedback, he's looking much solider and less glitchy now. I think something must've changed in the underlying code that made it a bit more glitchy than it used to be, but making the lash straighter seems to have done the job. Cheers.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2016, 06:38:10 pm »
I wasn't trying to get it nerfed, I swear!!!  It was really hard to describe what I was seeing and catch it in SS.  Those above were the best I could get out of about 20.  The top one was a kill shot that shouldn't have even happened if you can tell where it bounced.  I was getting frustrated.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2016, 06:39:54 pm »
I wasn't trying to get it nerfed, I swear!!!  It was really hard to describe what I was seeing and catch it in SS.  Those above were the best I could get out of about 20.  The top one was a kill shot that shouldn't have even happened if you can tell where it bounced.  I was getting frustrated.

Secret: You can save a bug report save at any time, and then just load it and play as normal, even if you die. I call it paperman difficulty.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2016, 06:42:34 pm »

Secret: You can save a bug report save at any time, and then just load it and play as normal, even if you die. I call it paperman difficulty.

I know, have known.  Those SS were from the test room.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2016, 06:46:49 pm »

Yeah, I liked a little bit of homing on the chain (maybe I had too much, though), but the glitchiness was too noticeable. When I get some time I can try and ramp the homing up a little more while still keeping the bullet pattern stable.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2016, 07:01:58 pm »
As long as we can tell what is going on and be able to avoid it.  If you are tweaking on it, you know what it'll do and how. 

Anyway, Reaper is likely still the hardest Miniboss.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2016, 07:30:20 pm »
I'm tellin' ya, this one's not as hard as it seems.

Just gotta LEAP RIGHT IN IT'S FACE and then run circles around it!

No trouble, right?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk