Author Topic: OH MY GOD!!  (Read 9387 times)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
OH MY GOD!!
« on: January 16, 2016, 01:23:02 pm »
That music :D.
I love it!!!

My greatest props to Pablo for again (and again and again) outdoing himself!
Simply Beyond awesome.

Fanboyism aside I can't believe how this game has shaped up in a good week (I was on vacation and unable to play for the last ten days). Great work guys!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 02:06:40 pm by nas1m »
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: OH MY GOD!!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 02:04:28 pm »
Aye, that music really is great, aint it?

I like the boss music in particular.

Though, to this day my favorite track of all the Arcen games still remains the one that plays in the lieutenant towers in the first Valley game.  Well, that and that game's title screen music.  Absolutely loved both of those.

And yeah, the game is coming along well!  There's still issues of course but it's progressing at a good rate.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 02:07:24 pm »
Also: If the guys do a trailer, they just have to use TFL-855.ogg as the intro music or as soon as the in-game action starts. Must be the most pushing piece of music that I have heard in a long time.

I could listen to this in a loop for 2 hours straight - I think this is just what I wll do ;).

Not that the boss track is not awesome as well ;).

Though, to this day my favorite track of all the Arcen games still remains the one that plays in the lieutenant towers in the first Valley game.  Well, that and that game's title screen music.  Absolutely loved both of those.
Yes, that intro I love as well. Easily among my top 3 done by Pablo ever.,
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Apathetic

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 03:31:25 pm »
I agree, the music is great.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 03:50:07 pm »
yea this music's pretty dope I think I just found my second favourite arcen soundtrack.
c.r

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 04:27:05 pm »
It's somehow different to everything he has ever done for Arcen Games but I like it. It fits the game perfectly.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 04:40:58 pm »
Yeah, definitely seems different to his other stuff, very cool and dubsteppy? I think that's what the kidz today call it.

Offline garpu

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 05:10:20 pm »
Wait, how much music is supposed to be in the game? I'm not getting any.  (There's a low rumble on the title screen, some other sounds throughout, but no actual music.) Or is it just in the folders and not assigned, as the main menu says? :)

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 05:13:29 pm »
Wait, how much music is supposed to be in the game? I'm not getting any.  (There's a low rumble on the title screen, some other sounds throughout, but no actual music.) Or is it just in the folders and not assigned, as the main menu says? :)

There should be quite a good amount of music now.  You're not getting any? Sounds like it might be a bug, possibly.  Might be worth a Mantis report.

Offline garpu

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 05:26:48 pm »
I'm getting music in boss fights, that's about it. No error text that I noticed.

Offline garpu

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2016, 12:07:53 am »
Hang on, what version of Unity is it using?  There's a bug in Unity 5, I know, that makes some games on systems without pulseaudio crash. (Although that wouldn't explain why I'm getting boss fight music.)  Allegedly it was fixed in 5.3.1.

Offline Bluddy

• Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2016, 03:44:16 am »
Agreed -- the music is awesome.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2016, 02:36:47 pm »
Yeah, definitely seems different to his other stuff, very cool and dubsteppy? I think that's what the kidz today call it.
Yeah, that's what I heard as well ;D.

Offline donblas

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2016, 06:05:59 pm »
+1 on awesome music. Really fits game type.

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2016, 09:24:31 am »
Aye, that music really is great, aint it?

I like the boss music in particular.

And yeah, the game is coming along well!  There's still issues of course but it's progressing at a good rate.

Those two are my absolute favorites as well. The title theme was so uplifting and really fit the idea of rebuilding a shattered world. And the lieutenant music brings back memories of my first character, who I kept alive for a the longest time until he fell attacking the penultimate boss in a lieutenant tower (because I was playing the demo, he was level 6 and I was in a level 12 tower. I still remember that boss' name, Podos the Angel Slayer) Hearing that music during the fight with the lieutenant himself was so perfect for me avenging my fallen hero.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk