Author Topic: NOTAM .855  (Read 9249 times)

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
NOTAM .855
« on: January 19, 2016, 05:57:53 am »
.855 breaks saves.  Be aware!
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: NOTAM .855
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 07:32:46 am »
.855 breaks saves.  Be aware!

Honestly, MOST of them break saves.   You get used to it after the 312053470524370520th time.

There's a reason why there's a "play with everything unlocked" option in there during the testing period :D

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 08:01:23 am »
Yeah, btu in toher patches the game asks you to delete the save file (which I don't have a problem with) but this one doesn't. The problem, that we have here, is a blocked save slot that you cannot discard, even when you delete the save file yourself in the folder.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 08:10:06 am »
Yeah, btu in toher patches the game asks you to delete the save file (which I don't have a problem with) but this one doesn't. The problem, that we have here, is a blocked save slot that you cannot discard, even when you delete the save file yourself in the folder.

Ahh, that bit sounds like a glitch to me.   It shouldnt be doing that.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 08:26:54 am »
Yeah, but I figure better out than in.

Also:

Now when you try to load a save that cannot due to errors, it no longer presents the Delete and Keep options, since saves should no longer be being broken.

Also, if it detects that the save was broken by modding renaming or removing a necessary internal name, it tells you this and tells you the first such internal name (it doesn't know the other ones, not being able to continue loading).

If they are broken and shouldn't be, then there is an issue.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 09:22:23 am »
Yeah, but I figure better out than in.

Also:

Now when you try to load a save that cannot due to errors, it no longer presents the Delete and Keep options, since saves should no longer be being broken.

Also, if it detects that the save was broken by modding renaming or removing a necessary internal name, it tells you this and tells you the first such internal name (it doesn't know the other ones, not being able to continue loading).

If they are broken and shouldn't be, then there is an issue.

Ugh.  Well, that's annoying.

I'm relatively certain it's not my fault this time (probably).  Who is the culprit?  WE'LL NEVER KNOW.   Possible the game is just doing it out of spite.  I could see that being the case.

Either way, I'm sure it'll get fixed by next release.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 04:29:05 pm »
I'm relatively certain it's not my fault this time (probably).  Who is the culprit?  WE'LL NEVER KNOW.   Possible the game is just doing it out of spite.  I could see that being the case.

I'm also pretty sure it wasn't me.....probably. I even reined in my OCD to change the entity name BullDogBlue to BulldogBlue! Hopefully it wasn't me, heh.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 05:59:21 pm »
The problem, that we have here, is a blocked save slot that you cannot discard, even when you delete the save file yourself in the folder.
If you delete both 1.save and 1.bak it will free slot 1. And so on.

Yea, my understanding is that we were definitely supposed to be maintaining save compatibility at this point, hence the change in the behavior when it sees that problem.

If you see a "There was a problem loading this save file" message, please do let us know, and let us know what it said.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 09:05:03 pm »
This does not help, I tried this already before and like I said, the problem remains. the game pretends tehre still is a save file.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 09:16:21 pm »
This does not help, I tried this already before and like I said, the problem remains. the game pretends tehre still is a save file.
I've done it myself many times, including today, and it works (instantly, if I'm looking at the file select screen, it updates the very next frame after the deletes), so I don't know what's going on in your case.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 09:30:51 pm »
Wait, you do this whiel the game is open? I close the game before.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 09:31:54 pm »
I've had it work when I have the game closed first too, but yea, I tend to do it with the menu open.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 09:32:11 pm »
I've done it myself many times, including today, and it works (instantly, if I'm looking at the file select screen, it updates the very next frame after the deletes), so I don't know what's going on in your case.
Got this issue as well today.
The problem is Steam Cloud Sync.
Only after switching this off I was able to get rid of my corrupted saves...

Deleting corrupt saves ingame *never* worked for me.
Even with the old "Keep or Delete" dialog.
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2016, 09:33:11 pm »
Ah, steam cloud. Hmm.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2016, 09:33:57 pm »
Okay, worked for me now. Thanks for the help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk