Author Topic: Keyboard vs Controller: Is there a general preference?  (Read 11476 times)

Offline Castruccio

Re: Keyboard vs Controller: Is there a general preference?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 05:29:43 pm »
Has anyone else found that it is easy to lose the mouse pointer icon when things get hetctic and there are bullets all over the screen?  When I am fighting bosses, I always end up dying because I lose track of where the white pointer is and can't tell precisely where I am aiming.  I like the shape of the pointer icon in principle, but I do lose track of it frequently.  Maybe changing the color would help, or allowing the player to select the color in the options menu.  I'm not sure what color or shape would make this less likely to happen.

Offline Professor Paul1290

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 05:43:53 pm »
Has anyone else found that it is easy to lose the mouse pointer icon when things get hetctic and there are bullets all over the screen?  When I am fighting bosses, I always end up dying because I lose track of where the white pointer is and can't tell precisely where I am aiming.  I like the shape of the pointer icon in principle, but I do lose track of it frequently.  Maybe changing the color would help, or allowing the player to select the color in the options menu.  I'm not sure what color or shape would make this less likely to happen.

I haven't run into that problem too much mostly because the mech has that little laser that points to where your pointer is, which really narrows down where it could possibly be.

That said, maybe something similar to the "rainbow cursor" from AVWW would solve the blending in problem. (it was one of those specific odd features I really liked)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 05:54:43 pm »
Maybe simply always using the inverse color of the current stuff under the cursor would do the trick?
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Castruccio

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2016, 06:31:33 pm »

I haven't run into that problem too much mostly because the mech has that little laser that points to where your pointer is, which really narrows down where it could possibly be.

That said, maybe something similar to the "rainbow cursor" from AVWW would solve the blending in problem. (it was one of those specific odd features I really liked)

The laser helps with general direction, but not with the distance of the pointer from my mech. It might be just a problem with me.  I have played a lot of Diablo 3, and there the pointer is important for ranged characters to keep track of both also easy to find on the screen at all times.  I may just need to acclimate better to stsrward rogue. 

Offline Rujasu

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 07:45:41 pm »
I did suggest a colour selection on mantis but I've had much more problems with finding the cursor over time. That inverse colour trick would be great.

Offline Cyprene

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2016, 08:15:10 pm »
Controller all the way.
This isn't an ultra-fine control SHMUP like say, Touhou.

Offline Matruchus

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2016, 09:46:57 pm »
Yes, it happens a lot of times to me especially since I'm not looking at that laser pointer from the mech (laser sword  :) ) but at the aim mostly. Yes died a few times when fighting bossees cause of that too. Ah, well we learn as long as live :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk