Author Topic: Item comparison question [.854]  (Read 5082 times)

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
Item comparison question [.854]
« on: January 18, 2016, 08:44:32 pm »
It's a little unclear to me how the item comparisons are supposed to work. For example, I have a Missile Launcher equipped and I'm standing over a Golden Missile Launcher.

Both show the same number or pips for all categories, except he Missile Launcher has some in green and and Golden has some in red.

It doesn't appear to me that the red means those are all 'missing' form the golden in comparison, because if that was the case, golden would have a range of ... zero?

Is there a bug here, or am I just not getting it?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 09:02:47 pm by Mick »

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
Re: Item comparison question [.854]
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 09:15:57 pm »
Green is good, red is bad. I think the Golden Missile Launcher might have an infinite range though? Or something, the one run where I got one saw me eaten by the Bloody Reaper shortly afterward.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 09:17:27 pm »
It's a little unclear to me how the item comparisons are supposed to work. For example, I have a Missile Launcher equipped and I'm standing over a Golden Missile Launcher.

Both show the same number or pips for all categories, except he Missile Launcher has some in green and and Golden has some in red.

It doesn't appear to me that the red means those are all 'missing' form the golden in comparison, because if that was the case, golden would have a range of ... zero?

Is there a bug here, or am I just not getting it?

This might be something for Mantis.  I actually find it a bit confusing too.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 09:25:53 pm »
I mantised this back last week. The weapon comparisons are off in some ways, reversed in some cases, just missing in others.

https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=18190
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk