Author Topic: Hard mode example videos: Centrifuge, Periphery, Dark Aberration  (Read 14298 times)

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Hard mode example videos: Centrifuge and Periphery
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 06:24:21 pm »
so that's what the black coloured boss is I completely forgot now I can edit those posts to make my self look smarter.

I am often tempted to do this.  But I forget.  It doesnt help my cause.

Pff, poser.  :-\

But seriously, nice work. But I doubt that I can achieve the same result.
I find Dark Arbirition harder however, can you make a video of that one please?

Yeah, I can do that, I just have to remember to.   Which takes effort.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Hard mode example videos: Centrifuge, Periphery, Dark Aberration
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 06:49:22 pm »
Or I went and made the video of it real quick.  Look in the original post in this thread. 

That didn't take so long.  Much easier than Centrifuge...

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 07:31:33 pm »
How about Vestige? I find that one really hard, even on normal.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 07:37:27 pm »
Or I went and made the video of it real quick.  Look in the original post in this thread. 

just out of curiosity have you beaten that boss with the flame tank?(I know its not the real name but I like that way more than its real name) 90 percent of my fights with were with the flame tank and I got shat on completely.
c.r

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2016, 07:50:13 pm »

just out of curiosity have you beaten that boss with the flame tank?(I know its not the real name but I like that way more than its real name) 90 percent of my fights with were with the flame tank and I got shat on completely.

Flame Tank still has range issues, doesnt it?  I havent used it all that much.  All test chamber stuff (for me anyway) has always been with the basic mech, and honestly even that could use at least a bit of a range boost.  The Flame one might be at a genuine disadvantage in some of these.  Definitely could be an issue but it sure aint one I can fix.

How about Vestige? I find that one really hard, even on normal.

I could do that one later if I have time.  Though I think that boss needs a couple of tweaks first but I cant remember what exactly it needs.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2016, 08:00:07 pm »
The problem with the fire mech is not the range (well not, only) but that the flame stream makes it hard to spot bullets that have a similiar color.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2016, 08:03:24 pm »
The problem with the fire mech is not the range (well not, only) but that the flame stream makes it hard to spot bullets that have a similiar color.

.....huh.

That's an interesting point.

That might be one to put up on Mantis, if you would.  There is indeed the occaisional issue of that sort where bullets blend in to things a bit.... but there isnt much of an obvious solution.

Maybe one of the others might have an idea here.  Definitely beyond me.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2016, 08:08:55 pm »
Okay, will do but I doubt tehre will be a good solution for it. Ingames like this tehre will be always an issue that bullets sometimes blend in with the environment or your own attacks.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2016, 08:14:56 pm »

.....huh.

That might be one to put up on Mantis, if you would.  There is indeed the occaisional issue of that sort where bullets blend in to things a bit.... but there isnt much of an obvious solution.

I don't think there is a solution for that other than changing the flames design completely really also I'm curious why you made the signal receiver so cryptic  I mean just about everything else tells me what I need  to know but that item made me think it was going to give me room information but I digress I've made moan report on mantis so you can look at that if your curious.
c.r

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2016, 08:36:27 pm »

.....huh.

I don't think there is a solution for that other than changing the flames design completely really also I'm curious why you made the signal receiver so cryptic  I mean just about everything else tells me what I need  to know but that item made me think it was going to give me room information but I digress I've made moan report on mantis so you can look at that if your curious.

Signal receiver?  I'm not actually sure as to what that is.

Definitely not one I can answer.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2016, 08:42:50 pm »

.....huh.

Signal receiver?  I'm not actually sure as to what that is.

Definitely not one I can answer.
yea sorry I keep forgetting that your not a developer regardless though its already been assigned to mission.(who ever that is)
c.r

Offline Apathetic

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2016, 12:09:32 am »
Hard mode is more interesting.  I like the changes to the hunter fight, the stuff in the room makes it a lot more interesting.

Offline Sounds

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2016, 01:25:06 am »
I watched the videos and thought this looks more like work than fun.

I guess hard is for masochists.  :P

Offline Apathetic

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2016, 02:38:45 am »
So far it seems that the Dark Abborition and Crystal Mother were giving me the most issues on hard.  Though, I've had issues finding the gap on the Dark Abborition on both normal and hard, the split point between the wide shots seems awfully close to the range on the rail gun, so I have trouble closing to damage it.  Not sure if I just need more practice or it should be narrower, but that's my feedback on the bosses so far that killed me a few times.

The Centerfuge and Battlesomething seemed fine.  Harder than normal, but definitely reasonable.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2016, 02:43:09 am »
Dark Aberrations shots can be easily dodged when you are further away, the problem is, most of the time the range of your weapon won't reach it then.
I cannot do so close dodges liek Misery in the video.
Similiar with vestige, however, I learned that circling vestige helps a lot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk