Author Topic: First Impressions  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Konqq

First Impressions
« on: April 12, 2014, 02:24:25 pm »
Thus far I have only been able to play for about 5 hours, but here are my basic impressions so far.

Firstly, I want to say that the combat is very enjoyable.  I love the overall concept and the punishment for being reckless.  The only downside is that the automatic energy distribution seems to be a little wonky.  I'll be in a huge group of enemies and it will divert all my power to weapons.

The main issue I have had with the game is that I am having a hard time comprehending my overall effect on the game.  The races who I originally allied with (the Evucks) and try to help seems to be losing in technology, power and well-being to my "starting enemy" race, the Acutians.  I am fairly certain that this is due to my mismanaging their resources, however I don't know how to appropriately improve my gameplay based on the current instructions.  On the other hand, it could be that the Acutians are naturally more militant?  This may just be a "necessary evil" sort of thing with a political strategy game with this level of depth and I honestly don't have a good solution for it.

The second thing I noticed was that the quests were very powerful.  I know they are still in development, but it seemed strange that the penalty for failing was the same is the penalty for not trying. I would like to think that the risk of taking a quest goes beyond that of "well my ship might blow up".  Basically the idea of "not doing either option" in a quest doesn't seem like a real option to me, when I think that could create an interesting decision instead of just quest A or quest B.

Overall though, I'm very much enjoying the game and looking forward to actually learning how to effectively change the political landscape.  Thanks for all your hard work. 

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Re: First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 03:26:13 pm »
Mantised (i.e. collected feedback for the devs, 3 items added)
Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 04:41:21 pm by nas1m »
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk