Author Topic: Bosses should be easier now  (Read 2043 times)

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
Re: Bosses should be easier now
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2015, 12:40:46 pm »
I have a quick question: Will there be ever moving bosses? Or will bosses always stay stationary?

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2015, 02:15:23 pm »
That depends...

The problem is, my own design style does not, at all, account for AI-controlled or random movements, and the way the bullet engine works, I have no *direct* control over how the actual enemy or boss itself moves.  I can set them into pre-defined patterns, all controlled by the AI, but.... yeah, it doesnt work.  Patterns of the style I use totally break down if EVERYTHING isnt carefully considered, and this includes movement. 

However, as far as I know, I'm not going to be the ONLY one designing bosses here, same as with the enemies, but I'm not ENTIRELY sure about that.  For right now, at least, it's only mine. 

So for the time being, it's not about how the enemy moves... but instead, about how their attacks move.  Which is typical for this style of design.  I take most of my inspiration from Cave's games, and if you watch bosses or mid-bosses in their games, they barely move at all.  They might wobble a little bit, or something like that, but that's all. 

But yeah, bosses with movement will come if anyone else adds a couple of their own.  I'm hoping to see at least a few, but as Chris has often said, everyone has their own specialties that they're working on.  So we'll see what happens.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2015, 02:37:48 pm »
Should we ask Chris for a 1D Wanderer? (i.e., XWanderer - moves left and right, YWanderer - moves up and down, ZWanderer - Moves in and out of your monitor)
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk