Author Topic: .201 feedback  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
.201 feedback
« on: December 04, 2015, 11:43:10 am »
I've pretty much been just concentrating on the controls. This version of the momentum controls seems far better and seems to have near enough the precision of the SHMUP controls. Further testing required, but this seems pretty good. Can't say much more. The overall feel has definitely improved a lot since earlier versions. Good job.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
Re: .201 feedback
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 07:25:15 pm »
is there some way to view the earlier versions? I've got in quite late and would like get better insight on just how this has changed since first wave?.
c.r

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 07:42:57 pm »
is there some way to view the earlier versions? I've got in quite late and would like get better insight on just how this has changed since first wave?.

You can view the changelog for the previous versions here:

https://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Starward_Rogue:Early_Alpha_Release_Notes

I don't think there's a way to play the older versions, though. If you're talking about just the movement, though, you can choose SHMUP controls which haven't changed since the early builds instead of the new momentum version and see the difference. Other things have also changed like the afterburners, though.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 07:59:08 pm »

You can view the changelog for the previous versions here:

https://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Starward_Rogue:Early_Alpha_Release_Notes

I don't think there's a way to play the older versions, though. If you're talking about just the movement, though, you can choose SHMUP controls which haven't changed since the early builds instead of the new momentum version and see the difference. Other things have also changed like the afterburners, though.
that's a shame and no it wasn't just the controls it was the game in the flesh I meant looking at a change log isn't the same as playing before those changes becoming a thing and seeing just how good a change they were.
c.r

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 12:20:58 am »
Yeah, just try the "shmup" control option if you want to see the difference, since that is, in fact, the original control setup.  It's being kept in there since some people (particularly those attracted to that side of the game) are going to want it there due to the super-exact nature of how it controls.  Particularly for players interested in playing on the higher difficulties.

But dont worry too much about it.  Right now, any feedback that anyone can give on how the current non-shmup setup feels would be super helpful.  Other than that though, just use whichever you like.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 09:12:23 am »
Yeah, just try the "shmup" control option if you want to see the difference, since that is, in fact, the original control setup.  It's being kept in there since some people (particularly those attracted to that side of the game) are going to want it there due to the super-exact nature of how it controls.  Particularly for players interested in playing on the higher difficulties.

But dont worry too much about it.  Right now, any feedback that anyone can give on how the current non-shmup setup feels would be super helpful.  Other than that though, just use whichever you like.
its not really to do with that but since you kind of asked I cant honestly tell the difference between the 2 styles of control it might be that I'm just not paying attention but I don't think so.
c.r

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 10:09:26 am »

its not really to do with that but since you kind of asked I cant honestly tell the difference between the 2 styles of control it might be that I'm just not paying attention but I don't think so.

It's meant to be more about the "feel" they produce, rather than mechanical differences.  Too much of a difference leads only to sadness and tragedy. 

Though it's also likely to change a bit as time goes on and it gets a bit more refined.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk