Author Topic: 0.852 Discussion  (Read 2960 times)

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
0.852 Discussion
« on: January 17, 2016, 06:57:40 am »
I fear the Flame Mech needs to have his damage cut by 25% (or even halved). He is just too good. With the flames you can get 2-3 flames on a target which gives him massive damage. On large enemies, all of those flames hit for very quick kills.

I have a hard time differentiating between health shards, single heals, and full heals.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
Re: 0.852 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 08:22:09 am »
I didn't think the Flame Tank Mech was out of line.  It didn't really start shining for me until I hit the 4th floor and had decent power upgrades.  To me it honestly felt a lot like the White Gloss Mech in terms of clear speed (with a better tolerance for poor aim).  It feels faster because it hits a lot (death by a thousand paper cuts).  It's crazy fun with homing shots (flamethrower shooting around corners).

Redshift Mech is going to make some interesting promo vids.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 02:59:54 pm »
wait there's new mechs? man I wish Chris had the time to put up patch topics like he was doing with stars. (just because I keep missing them really)
c.r

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 04:01:34 pm »
man I wish Chris had the time to put up patch topics like he was doing with stars. (just because I keep missing them really)

One thing you can do to try to avoid missing them is to "watch" the patch notes on the wiki, which will send you an email whenever a change is made. Of course, if you don't check your email too often that probably won't help.
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 04:17:31 pm »
wait there's new mechs? man I wish Chris had the time to put up patch topics like he was doing with stars. (just because I keep missing them really)

I'm pretty sure he's *really* busy right  now.

Heck, even I am busy, and for me, that's rare.  So he must be just absolutely swamped, I assume.  I dont even wanna know how many emails he must be getting per day.

This is part of why I hang around the forums so much, because everyone else just cant do it so much, they have too much to do!

Offline Apathetic

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 04:27:20 pm »
Apparently I have a love hate relationship with the new redshift mech.  It's a blast to play, it just a big change when switching back to another mech, as the bullets don't give you a break when you stop moving / firing.

Offline donblas

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 06:05:09 pm »
I totally suck at the"Redshift Mech" but it is so much fun to play. It feels "bullet time". Literally best thing added since i started testing.

Other Thoughts:

- Music tracks really help with the game.
- Love the little "boss screen" before the fight, feels almost mega man ish
- Wall hugger is really mean
- All of the UI (buttons, menu, etc) feel a tiny bit "big".

Overall, love the way the game is coming together.

Edit - this should make redshift even more awesome:

Version 0.853
     Fixed up the RedShift mech so that time literally does stop when it's not moving, versus just moving super slow.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 06:06:59 pm by donblas »

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 06:10:10 pm »
"Wall hugger"?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 06:47:36 pm »
Forum autoreplace rules strike again?
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk