Author Topic: We need more writers for small things! Game knowledge not required. updated 8/27  (Read 32784 times)

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
Oh no, not at all. We're not looking to put events in for every race and building, we're looking to come up with a wide range of events. If some buildings wind up being event heavy, so be it. The one rule is that you really shouldn't delete someone's event, because some people are paid contractors here. If you come up with an idea just add a new row.

The current order is going to make that a lot harder to parse going forward if you care about that, especially since anger and stupidity got mixed up. Different motivations for the different races expressing those sentiments differently, etc.

Also mission, fair warning, I am going to edit most of your posts into unrecognizability.  :P

Offline Taikei no Yuurei

• Newbie Mark II
Ohhh, I see.  I thought the goal was to max it out.  Would that be a problem if that did happen?

Edit: And I think I messed up the order.  I can change it back though... give me a second...

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
Ohhh, I see.  I thought the goal was to max it out.  Would that be a problem if that did happen?

Edit: And I think I messed up the order.  I can change it back though... give me a second...
Which part? Adding events or deleting them? Like, if you think the Burlurst should have a stupidity event where they play rugby with nuclear waste, but their 20 idiocy slots are taken up by military barracks events, then just add a row in the middle for it. If you just think a race has too many events with one building type, PM the authors.

Like I said, the one no-no is outright deleting someone's event yourself, because some people are drawing pay from this. We don't want to mess up that up for anyone.

Offline Taikei no Yuurei

• Newbie Mark II
Oh, no, I meant maxing out the events, getting one for every building for ever race.

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
Oh, no, I meant maxing out the events, getting one for every building for ever race.
Nope. Focus on what makes sense given the race's personality.

Offline Taikei no Yuurei

• Newbie Mark II
Alright.  Also, is there any particular difference between the anger and stupid events?  Like does one only happen when the population is upset, or is it simply flavor between the two?

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
That's pretty much it. Anger events happen when your people are angry at you/the government for some reason. Stupidity events start at turn 50, basically represent your people getting complacent and, well, stupid, about living on the planet.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Just so that it's known, if for some reason it's important/relevant to anyone doing the writing, I am now beginning the work on getting the rest of the commands in there.  Meant to start yesterday, but derp happened, so I didn't.

I'll attempt not to explode the game's balance into a million jagged shards.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Just so that it's known, if for some reason it's important/relevant to anyone doing the writing, I am now beginning the work on getting the rest of the commands in there.  Meant to start yesterday, but derp happened, so I didn't.

So you have been drafted into Service again ;)?
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V

So you have been drafted into Service again ;)?

Pretty much, yeah. 

Should be interesting.  And entertaining.  Alot of the writing in here is pretty hilarious. 

I aint done all that much yet; today's session with it was mostly spent poring over the various lists and looking at examples that are already in the main writing document.   So there hasnt been all that much changed in there yet.

Offline Mission

If you need to re-do some of my older event messages go for it. I have a better understanding of how things work now and when I was working on those I knew.... nothing. Exactly nothing.

Offline Mission

i fixed up a lot of my old existing events as well as did their commands and added some icons (Quinn Beltramo pitched in as well). Hopefully most of them are more usable now.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
i fixed up a lot of my old existing events as well as did their commands and added some icons (Quinn Beltramo pitched in as well). Hopefully most of them are more usable now.

Ahh, that explains a few things.   Do you think you could go in there and just write down your name under the editor tab for the ones that you finished yourself?  Confused the heck outta me when I got down to that section just a bit ago.

The help is certainly appreciated though.  There's looking to be, oh, I dont know, a few bazillion of these events by the time this is all done...  so many.... individual ones dont exactly take much time, but still, there's tons of them.   Pretty good progress being made though, overall.

Offline Mission

Ahh, that explains a few things.   Do you think you could go in there and just write down your name under the editor tab for the ones that you finished yourself?  Confused the heck outta me when I got down to that section just a bit ago.

The help is certainly appreciated though.  There's looking to be, oh, I dont know, a few bazillion of these events by the time this is all done...  so many.... individual ones dont exactly take much time, but still, there's tons of them.   Pretty good progress being made though, overall.

And I'm more than glad to pitch in. It's quite fun actually and find myself chuckling at some of the stuff others have made as well.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Well, I'd been unable to jump onto this and have a go at it for a few days (sorry!), but popping back on now for a quick look.... it looks like it's all nearly done?   Really?   That fast?

Or is there more of this coming?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk