Author Topic: We need more writers for small things! Game knowledge not required. updated 8/27  (Read 32783 times)

Offline NullDragon

I plugged away at a few burlust stupidity events. Not sure how good they are, I tried to write in the style of the computer like in The Last Federation. The commands are probably horribly unbalanced, as I haven't actually played the game yet and don't know proper values.

Yes, the fighting arena event is intended to be 'good', and the science lab is supposed to be a mix. I'll try to write some more later.

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
Hi Chris, two questions: Can one building have multiple events with a single race? I'd really, really like to throw in some more Shrine events for the Fenyn (they're just begging for someone to find their lack of faith disturbing). Second, should any of the anger events have good primary results?

More of a mechanics question, is there anything in your code that prevents a player from destroying and rebuilding a structure that is shut down for event reasons?

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
In Chris's examples he uses buildings multiple times for the same race, so I'd say that it is fine.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Peons

• Newbie Mark II
Could we get some more feedback on the stuff written as well?

I've written some new skylaxian ones, my friend Mission would also like some feedback on the ones he's written. I've tried to keep my later ones a little less wordy.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
As a gawking busybody, I've been checking up on the events doc and was amused by some of Chris's interpretations. First, some background, as a running gag for the Krolin I wrote up every event as being the result of potential dissidents, regardless of how accurate the claim was or the nature of the event. This was my best guess as to how a restrictive government might act. I had written the event "Fishing boats have reported greater than normal yields. Dissidents are suspected." which was a play on the idea that the fish were just easier to catch for a time.  However, Chris interpreted it as "Food:100:10,KillPlayer:100", which translates as 100 of your citizens were turned into fishing bait or were reprocessed as food. That was a lot darker than I had expected.  :P

Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
As a gawking busybody, I've been checking up on the events doc and was amused by some of Chris's interpretations. First, some background, as a running gag for the Krolin I wrote up every event as being the result of potential dissidents, regardless of how accurate the claim was or the nature of the event. This was my best guess as to how a restrictive government might act. I had written the event "Fishing boats have reported greater than normal yields. Dissidents are suspected." which was a play on the idea that the fish were just easier to catch for a time.  However, Chris interpreted it as "Food:100:10,KillPlayer:100", which translates as 100 of your citizens were turned into fishing bait or were reprocessed as food. That was a lot darker than I had expected.  :P
well I suppose that sorta makes séance in society were new citizens can get shit out at will to replace the ones you've repurposed.
c.r

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Oh man, that's good stuff :D.
I am really excited to see the new Events stuff in action in real magnitude!
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Taikei no Yuurei

• Newbie Mark II
So, I just stumbled on this new game (How I missed a new game by Arcen Labs I don't know) and this thread in particular.  There seems to have been a half month lag in posts, and the original post said to edit the red stuff, but there isn't any any more.  Is it still okay to add new things or are the events full for now?

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
Add away.

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
So, I just stumbled on this new game (How I missed a new game by Arcen Labs I don't know) and this thread in particular.  There seems to have been a half month lag in posts, and the original post said to edit the red stuff, but there isn't any any more.  Is it still okay to add new things or are the events full for now?
I don't think anyone ever used the red haha. Just find a blank space and add something, and try not to get upset if someone edits it hard! Try taking a look at the events that Chris wrote, he's the lead dev so he's probably the most right.  :D

Offline Taikei no Yuurei

• Newbie Mark II
So, I noticed that there are a lot of buildings that don't seem to have any events for them written.  Is that just people focusing on simpler ones, or are the others not supposed to be used?  I'm just a bit confused since I'm a late arrival and not sure if I'm supposed to add new lines or what.  I don't want to waste a bunch of time (mine or Chris') on putting up useless events.

Upon seeing someone ninja my question from my brain: Okay, going to sort through what is still needed and do some writing... likely tomorrow.

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
Did you see the list of buildings that have events? There are some that don't have any at all. Furthermore, the building list has been added to over time, and I know a couple just went in within the last few days, so of course very few events are using them.

Offline Taikei no Yuurei

• Newbie Mark II
Yes, I saw the list, but there are only like half a dozen of the 100+ buildings that don't have events, and no race seems to have more than 60 or so events done for it yet, and most of those 60 were of the same handful.  It was why I was wondering if I could add new lines and such or not.

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
Well, coincidentally there are six building types that aren't supposed to have anger and stupidity events. Are you referring to those or something else?

EDIT: Though, now that I look at it, you're right, the events are way too stacked towards certain kinds of buildings.

And wow, someone just reorganized the document and I can't tell who's got what anymore.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 12:07:18 am by Watashiwa »

Offline Taikei no Yuurei

• Newbie Mark II
No, I mean how there don't seem to be any events for the geothermal power plant, the Hazmat Station, and some others I'm sure.  And several only had them for a single race.  Seems clear to me that we're just supposed to add them as we get to them.  I'd thought it would be set up with all the race/building combos and just leave space to fill in the actual event.  It is a bit disorganized as it is now is all.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk