Author Topic: Updates to the website  (Read 12662 times)

Offline goodgimp

• Jr. Member Mark II
Updates to the website
« on: September 30, 2015, 10:05:21 am »
Hey all,

I'm poking my head in here for the first time in months, since I remembered I saw that the release date was pushed back to Sep 25th last time I visited. I was surprised that I hadn't seen any news about the release, and when I went to visit the website the most recent news post still said "Release pushed back to Sept 25th".

This isn't a complaint, just thought I'd mention it. For a while there I was wondering if the project/company were dead, since the front page hadn't been updated and the "push back" date had passed. In any case, I know how hectic things are and I saw a thread that sounds like there was a death in the family (Condolences! :( ). I just wanted to mention it since, for infrequent visitors like me who don't haunt the forums, the front page was a little alarming. :)

Sorry if this has already been brought up recently!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Updates to the website
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 10:15:22 am »
Yeah, I've been meaning to update that, but I want to get things to a point where I can give out pretty universally positive news on that front.  A number of press watch the news feed from the front page, and so I wanted the news that goes out to be something that can be reported on all in one go.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 12:53:25 pm »
Hadnt you guys decided on a final release date already though?  October.... something?  I coulda sworn you'd mentioned that at some point....

....or my memory is misfiring here again, which is also a pretty high possibility.

It's good though that you guys have really taken the time to polish this one rather than rush it or something.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 01:59:59 pm »
Yeah, the final release date is hopefully set.  But I want to have extra super duper confidence in that before making a fuss about it, and I want to have video footage, better marketing text reflecting the new nature of the game, and so on.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 02:50:31 pm »
Yeah, the final release date is hopefully set.  But I want to have extra super duper confidence in that before making a fuss about it, and I want to have video footage, better marketing text reflecting the new nature of the game, and so on.
In other words, you want to have news ready with your hopefully-this-time-for-sure date? :)

(Speaking of reflecting the new nature of the game, if I go look at the steam store page it still has old-style images, fyi.)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 02:51:38 pm »
Right on all counts.

And in terms of the images, I know.  The current GUI is still temp in a lot of areas anyhow, so there are many updates that need to happen all pretty fast.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 05:01:27 pm »
hopefully not to fast so we have chance to actually test them properly but I'm still glad we've finally got a .definite. date for release.
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk