Author Topic: Signup thread for beta wave of October 1st. Blueshirts V2!  (Read 14497 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Signup thread for beta wave of October 1st. Blueshirts V2!
« on: September 24, 2015, 04:00:31 pm »
The shirt system, in a TLDR format:

1. People sign up "to be in the beta" in general.  Right now we have had 245 people sign up overall, and as of the "redshirt v2" wave, we have 126 of them in the game.

2. We are adding people to the game in waves every 0.5 to 1 weeks at this point.

3. We do it in waves in order to balance out tester fatigue, have a constant stream of new faces, and also because as the game evolves we can only get your first impression once.  So hence we have a backlog of players signed up for the beta, but they are not yet actually added to the game.

4. Signup here if you wish to specifically say you want to be in this next wave.  I'll make every effort to accommodate you, and I'll also pull from folks who don't sign up here depending on how things are looking at the time I do the next wave.  If you don't care what wave you're in, you can just sign up in the other stickied thread and you will not be forgotten!

5. TLDR: If you are wondering "when will I be sent a copy of the beta," the answer at this point is: after you either sign up for a particular wave, or I happen to choose you for a wave based on my semi-random, semi-sensible way of picking folks (I like new folks and Arcen veterans in each wave, etc).

6. Final note: If you're wondering "am I still on the list" or "will I ever be added to a wave," the answer is definitely YES! :D  But if you're worried and want to check, I won't be offended.

If for some reason you have specific scheduling constraints and you need to be in this week (or sooner even) if you're to take part, then just let me know (you can PM me to make sure I don't miss it) and I'll get you in sooner.  I'd rather have folks like that outside of a normal wave than miss their input all together.

Thanks everybody!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 08:45:48 pm by x4000 »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Smithgift

• Newbie Mark II
Re: Signup thread for beta wave of September 30th. Blueshirts V2!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 02:59:11 pm »
Sign me up. You might not remember me, but I was in the TLF beta. I haven't been following anything about this except the random interviews and whatnot, so I'd be an almost complete pair of new eyes.

Offline tassadarpaladin

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 06:50:16 pm »
Sign me up in this wave of beta. I'm a loyal player of your games and really wish to see this one become a fun interesting 4X.

Offline YukaTakeuchiFan

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 07:12:54 pm »
Sure, dude! I'd love to help out, as I said in the megathread for this. I don't know how MUCH help I'll be, but maybe I'll think of something helpful to add. I did for TLF, right? ;3

Offline NullDragon

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 09:43:10 pm »
I'm interesting in joining to help with the writing work. Helps me get a better idea of the game and more inspiration if I have gameplay context.

Offline Panzeh

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 10:41:52 am »
I'm ready to run into the breach!

Offline Groomy

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 02:20:37 pm »
I would be happy to join the beta, your games are always interesting.

Offline Cyprene

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 07:32:28 pm »
I'll help, sure.

Offline Pluto011

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 09:39:07 pm »
I would love to sign up for this wave if there are still spots open.

Offline Rythe

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 05:31:43 am »
Would appreciate getting dropped into this wave.

I checked out the writer thing only to realize that yes, I really don't know enough about the game to contribute flavor text and event conditions right off.

Offline Julius

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 10:13:22 am »
I would enjoy to be in this wave too (or the next one).  I will have more free time in the two upcoming weeks than after. Anyway, not a problem if you need me for a future wave, i will find time for this game anyway, for sure :)

Offline Morslok

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 10:30:35 pm »
I would be interested in giving this a shot.

Offline Turbokretzsche

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 04:39:03 pm »
Hello, I would like to be a beta tester as well.

I came to Arcen with the excellent AI war (thought when it already had 5 expansions). I played it quite a bit with two friends and it was a blast. One of the best cooperative gaming experiences I ever had. Then i had a look into TLF as well, which while mechenically interesting somehow did not click with me. None the less, when I found out about Arcen Games trying their luck with a 4x game (from RPS I think), I was very curious to see what you would do with it. I followed the project earlier for a bit, then left it be for some time, to come back now and see how things went. Just to find out, you are still looking for beta testers. As I now have a bit of time on my hand, I would like to offer my assistence to make this a pleasent experience for the players and help Arcen games to give a professional impression with your release.

Now before you think I know what I am talking about, I feel it's better to clarify that I only beta tested to one game before (March of the Eagles by Paradox) and I am not 100% familiar to the testing process and also to the expectations of testers. If you can tolerate this, I would happily sign up as tester:)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Signup thread for beta wave of October 1st. Blueshirts V2!
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 08:46:47 pm »
I've not read the contents of this thread yet, but will tomorrow.  Just a quick note to say that this wave will be tomorrow rather than tonight.  There are some pollution issues that I want to get tied up first, plus a few tiny bits more of Act II.  Then it should be in great shape for a new wave.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline jaxxa

Re: Signup thread for beta wave of October 1st. Blueshirts V2!
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2015, 06:29:41 am »
If it is possible I would like to test this week as I have the day off on Monday and so will have more time to play / test that i will after that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk