Author Topic: Signup thread for beta (any wave, not specifically the next one)  (Read 114869 times)

Offline shummie

Re: Signup thread for beta (any wave, not specifically the next one)
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2015, 11:23:44 am »
I'd like to be involved in testing this game! I've got every single arcen game and I'd love to finally be involved in testing one!

Offline donlol

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2015, 11:34:54 am »
Wow, a shame I didn't see any info about this sooner. I absolutely loved AI war, and I'd love to help test this new game, which looks even more interesting than the ai war. If you're still looking for testers - please sign me in!

Offline eOSO

« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2015, 05:48:24 pm »
I'd also really love to join the beta! I posted in the other thread but I'm just posting here too because I'm not sure which one to post in.

Thanks, game looks great!

Offline MooN

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2015, 04:49:35 am »
hmm I'm already signed up with no color as far as i know^^ but as it seems i wasnt yellow ^^ sad day sad day

Offline Tolc

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2015, 09:53:46 am »
hmm I'm already signed up with no color as far as i know^^ but as it seems i wasnt yellow ^^ sad day sad day

Yellowshirts are starting Monday not Friday this week. See Chris' post here: http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,17615.0.html

Offline Derben

« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2015, 10:19:22 am »
Good day fine sirs,

i would like to be involved in beta testing.

greeting, Benjamin

Offline Grey-fox-13

« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2015, 03:19:06 pm »
Hey! The idea of a 4x/city building game with ai war background sounds awesome!

Curses for not having kept closer watch on releases and arriving so horribly late to the party but I would still like to be added to the list of testers.

Offline skanx

« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2015, 06:56:12 pm »
I had a change of plan wrt my schedule, and will have near zero gaming time from the 22th of june up to the 4th-ish of july.
Don't know which wave I'm in, but if I could be in before too late in june, that would be best :)

Offline cranphin

« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2015, 06:11:59 pm »
Can I test? I have time most weekends :)
Loved AI war, keep throwing money at you guys since because of it, where's the pre-order button on this :D

Offline Fruity

• "Sample Text, It's too tutty for fruity..."
« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2015, 02:39:26 pm »
Really loved AI:War so if you guys'd have me help in the testing for this I should be free over the next few weeks. Just a quick heads up though my nets capped at 30kb/s at the time of writing this and is due to be reset in around a week so I cant be involved until that's been sorted.  :'(
"We all need a signature, but when I have 300 characters to work with I might take it a bit too far. For instance I could just fill this space with random words explaining the random words I call a signature. Maybe I could even fill this space with emotes like :) but now I'm out of space to write...

Offline Dwarf

« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2015, 06:07:07 pm »
Hello! Would love to be in the beta!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2015, 10:16:50 pm »
Hey everybody!  Sorry that I have not been through this thread since the 24th, I am just now catching up on it and adding everybody.  I have yet to go through the yellowshirts thread (that is next), so if you've requested to be a yellowshirt there and not here, don't worry, I'll have you set either way.  Thanks!

A 4X game, from Arcen? Hell yes. I want in too.

Gotcha on the list! :)

I'm a big fan of 4X and like Arcen's approach to customer support. Please sign me up for the beta.

On the list!

Hi

Just found out about this game, and id love to get in as a yellowshirt. I'm wearing a yellow shirt right now in fact, so it must be destiny :)

On the list and yellowshirt, expect a key within 30 minutes.

Hi Chris,

I'm not a huge fan of 4X games truth be told (so I didn't think my feedback would be too well orientated and therefore didn't apply for the beta earlier) however if you're wanting a variety of machines to test on and a keen eye to take a look for little things here and there I'd be happy to have a go.

Cheers.

Right now I do have enough of a pool of testers that I'm not overly worried about the breadth of machines being too small, but having some perspective from someone not in love with the genre as a whole might actually be really useful.  Right now there is some upheaval as things settle into their final form, so I figure that probably keeping you to a bit of a later wave might be wise, if that's okay with you.  If you're not a regular 4Xer, then another thing that might be useful is if you run into something confusing, it might be a 4X semi-convention that the game is tacitly assuming you know, but should not be assuming.  So that might be a particular help with tooltips and tutorials to help folks who are maybe making this their first foray into 4X after jumping from AI War or TLF, for instance.

I'm interested in working through this beta test.  Please add me to the list of interested volunteers for the yellow shirts.  I've added a few issues to Mantis, especially during Skyward Collapse.  Over the past few months, I've been really busy and haven't had time previously but, have been following the development of this game over the past year.  As my time has been freeing up over the past few weeks, I should be able to spend more time on beta testing this game.

Thanks,

Jake Kuska

Yellow it is!  Expect a key within 30 minutes or so.  And yes, I remember you, particularly from Skyward. :)

Ain't you going to run out of colors ?

Probably!  But there's only about 4 weeks left, so I'll be okay.

The colours are a star trek reference(The red shirts AKA frontline fighters where first, blueshirts who are scientists/medics after... :) ). Quite clever actually!
I though so as well. The only thing that got me confused are the orangeshirts.
I took them to be the techie and security guys wearing yellow - but since we are getting a bunch of yellowshirts next, I am confused ???.

Haha, the orange was a reference to the fact that they were still half red but getting less red.  I wound up having a second round of redshirts, basically, but I wanted to call them something other than Redshirts II.

Hi there!

I would like to volunteer for the beta please, to be added in whatever waves means NOW :) . I own TLF, the Expansion, Skyward Collapse, AI War and all of its expansions.

I have a blog which sometimes reviews and previews games.

Yellow it is!  Key coming within 30 minutes, check your PMs then.

Have an upcoming trip during which I will have ample time to play. I would like to be added to the beta list  provided I can be on the active list by June 05 [gotta download before leaving] and the game will run on an 800x600 netbook powered by underfed hamsters.

Keep up the good work Chris et al.

Thanks for the very kind words!  I do have a couple of concerns about your setup.  The minimum screen size is unfortunately 1024x720, or else the game won't physically fit on your screen.  I'm also really not certain that a netbook would run it, and if it has less than 3GB of RAM it will die on startup, probably.  The simulation and so on uses a lot of threads and a toaster won't give a very good play experience here.  Most any mainline desktop or midlevel and up laptop from the last 4ish years should be just fine, but netbooks are probably out.  The other concern is that if you have no internet access during that period, you wouldn't be able to really get updates or have feedback, etc; and the game changes pretty rapidly.

I'd definitely love to have you in the beta if you think it could work, but those are the issues I see right now.  Thanks!

Hey Arcen people! I just learned about this beta and I'd love the chance to beta test it whenever you have room for me. It looks really dang interesting. I love your willingness to be different.

I appreciate it!  Added to the list.

I'd like to be involved in testing this game! I've got every single arcen game and I'd love to finally be involved in testing one!

Added to the list!

Wow, a shame I didn't see any info about this sooner. I absolutely loved AI war, and I'd love to help test this new game, which looks even more interesting than the ai war. If you're still looking for testers - please sign me in!

No worries on the timing, it might prove a good thing given all that has changed even just today, heh.  Added you to the list!

I'd also really love to join the beta! I posted in the other thread but I'm just posting here too because I'm not sure which one to post in.

Thanks, game looks great!

Got you on the list from the other thread, and as a yellowshirt.

Marked you as yellow now. :)

Good day fine sirs,

i would like to be involved in beta testing.

greeting, Benjamin

Added you to the list!

Hey! The idea of a 4x/city building game with ai war background sounds awesome!

Curses for not having kept closer watch on releases and arriving so horribly late to the party but I would still like to be added to the list of testers.

Ahhh, you're not really late.  It's a process, and we need people who come in at all stages.  We're still not in that final-polish stage yet, much to my distress, but we're getting close. :)  I've added you to the list!

I had a change of plan wrt my schedule, and will have near zero gaming time from the 22th of june up to the 4th-ish of july.
Don't know which wave I'm in, but if I could be in before too late in june, that would be best :)

Yellowshirted you. :)

Can I test? I have time most weekends :)
Loved AI war, keep throwing money at you guys since because of it, where's the pre-order button on this :D

Awesome, thanks!  Added you to the list.

Really loved AI:War so if you guys'd have me help in the testing for this I should be free over the next few weeks. Just a quick heads up though my nets capped at 30kb/s at the time of writing this and is due to be reset in around a week so I cant be involved until that's been sorted.  :'(

Added you to the list!  Just let me know on the timing of what works for you, and I'll set you up with that.  I think yellowshirts sounds like it's not the wave for you, so just let me know!

Hello! Would love to be in the beta!

Added you to the list!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TyreForHyre

« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2015, 08:12:46 pm »
Big fan of 4X stuff and I've been keeping my eye on this one for awhile. Would love to take the beta for a test drive if you have some slots open!

Offline Nubbify

« Reply #133 on: June 03, 2015, 03:00:08 pm »
Big fan of 4x games here. I would love to help test the game.

Offline qrter

« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2015, 07:12:45 pm »
Hey there, big fan of Arcen's games, I'd love to be a beta tester.

You can fit me in anywhere you see fit.  :)