Author Topic: SBR Wiki Stuff  (Read 6898 times)

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
SBR Wiki Stuff
« on: April 12, 2015, 03:10:21 pm »
Since the Redshirts are about to be thrown unto the breach, I went ahead and set up a nice little section for SBR on the wiki. I would be very grateful if we had some redshirts go in and start adding stuff, even if it will change eventually. I'm hoping that we can reverse the current trend of the wiki being outdated and worthless, and instead make it into a glorious area filled with knowledge. Or just not a horribly outdated place :)

If anyone else wants to go ahead and add what information has been released, they are more than welcome to.

The content is far more important than the style, so don't fret too much about it looking bad! Other people can always go in and make it look pretty :)
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
Re: SBR Wiki Stuff
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 03:37:25 pm »
Went ahead and added a description. I'll do more work on it when there's more material to work with.

EDIT: Actually, this is sort of a wiki-wide gripe, but would it be possible to make the main pages "GameName" rather than "GameName:GameName"?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 03:41:29 pm by Watashiwa »

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 06:43:52 pm »
Yea, Once I get back to my computer I'll change that. Unless another administrator beats me to that :)

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 08:49:25 pm »
ill put some stuff in about the different races when I get let into the beta.
c.r

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 10:47:07 pm »
Yeah, on that note, half of the TLF races stand alone, and the other half are on "TLF:RaceName". Since just about everyone is going to be in SBR, do we want to separate the Acutians in SBR and TLF, or have single pages unconnected to a gamespace?

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 11:10:38 pm »
There should be a page for TLF:Acutians and SBR:Acutians. Otherwise it would be difficult to determine if the information is relevant to TLF or SBR. If we want a page for general info, I can make a lore namespace where we can put stuff like that.

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 12:15:05 am »
There should be a page for TLF:Acutians and SBR:Acutians. Otherwise it would be difficult to determine if the information is relevant to TLF or SBR. If we want a page for general info, I can make a lore namespace where we can put stuff like that.
I think that would be good.  A lot of the description is going to be identical across both games, while mechanical details will be specific. Even if the Acutian industries are identical in both games they're going to work differently.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 03:37:37 am »
Lore namespace? :o
Too good to be true!
I'm in!!!
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline tbrass

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 03:55:01 am »
SBR is not listed on the left-hand navigation bar, though it is in the main 'our games' page. Regular users - or at least I - cannot update the nav bar. If this wasn't intentional (e.g. waiting until launch or at least more substance), please update!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 09:40:35 am »
I'll try to add random bits in as I play through it.  I've alot of free time, so that might help.

....provided I remember.  I keep forgetting about the Bionic Dues section too, ugh.

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 04:06:34 pm »
SBR is not listed on the left-hand navigation bar, though it is in the main 'our games' page. Regular users - or at least I - cannot update the nav bar. If this wasn't intentional (e.g. waiting until launch or at least more substance), please update!

It is intentional that regular users can't edit it (Only administrators) because otherwise some random guy could come along and ruin the entire layout. And it can be hard to revert style changes. It was not intentional to not link it though! I've linked it there now.

Lore namespace? :o
Too good to be true!
I'm in!!!

Created and ready for stuff to be put in there!

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 05:47:02 pm »

It is intentional that regular users can't edit it (Only administrators) because otherwise some random guy could come along and ruin the entire layout. And it can be hard to revert style changes. It was not intentional to not link it though! I've linked it there now.
Someone might have done that already, it's neither in alphabetical order nor release order! (note: this is a joke)

Anyway, if I'm understanding this right, we need SBR: pages for buildings, social progress, technology, and terrain types. We can split the content into subpages as necessary, but that's the overview.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 05:55:30 pm by Watashiwa »

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 05:56:27 pm »
That sounds about right! Make sure you create the pages in the correct namespace, since I noticed you didn't do that for the races. Not a big deal or anything, since anyone can move the pages and I can always run a bot if needed.

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2015, 06:10:25 pm »
That sounds about right! Make sure you create the pages in the correct namespace, since I noticed you didn't do that for the races. Not a big deal or anything, since anyone can move the pages and I can always run a bot if needed.
Actually, the races page was already there, I just found it. I did mess up the Zenith page I was working on, I'll move it to Lore:Zenith. Should I send you a list of pages up for deletion later?

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 06:30:30 pm »
Oh huh. Make sure that you don't put any game specific stuff in lore though. Like build speed and stuff can be omitted. Putting {{Speed}} at the top of the page would probably be a lot easier and keep it a transparent process. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk