General Category > Stars Beyond Reach... This World Is Mine

SBR (as-is) is now a reward for super-backers of AI War 2's kickstarter.

(1/2) > >>

x4000:
Thought folks here might be interested in that. :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcengames/ai-war-ii/posts/1718504

crazyroosterman:
i got irrationally exited when I saw a new thread up in the main forum page for this game and then I realised it was an advertisement for the kick starter  ::) still I think its a relatively solid  game as it is and PLUS when(if) testing goes under way again this means there'll be more people to help so its all good.

Sounds:

--- Quote from: crazyroosterman on October 26, 2016, 12:49:55 pm ---i got irrationally exited when I saw a new thread up in the main forum page for this game and then I realised it was an advertisement for the kick starter  ::) still I think its a relatively solid  game as it is and PLUS when(if) testing goes under way again this means there'll be more people to help so its all good.

--- End quote ---

Not sure I agree with it being a relatively solid game. I was part of the wave of red shirts and it never quite got to the point that it felt like being 'fun', but I do hope it gets resurrected.

The kernel of great idea is there, just execution is not where it needed to be back then for me.

garion333:
Might want to unsticky this post and note that this was from the first AI War 2 KS, not the current one.

Edit: Ignore me, I now see it IS being offered on the new KS, dammit. Still at that hugely high tier. Can I just throw some money at you guys so I can play around with it? ;)

ptarth:
There is too much of the factory floor in the game for it to be sold for a cheap price. If there is a low entry bar, then people have will not really appreciate that it contains so much in progress stuff. Then there will be a social backlash about the product, ending is unpleasantness because they just don't realize how much of a work in progress it is. You aren't spending $X for a game. You are spending $X to be able to see inside the creation process. These are entirely different things and have different expectations.

Another analogy is:
Would you spend $50 for a 30 minute coffee break with some guy named Chris? (If yes, send me a check).
Alternatively, would you spend $50 for a 30 minute coffeebreak with Arcen's lead designer Chris? Two massively different things, but literally the same experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version