Author Topic: SBR (as-is) is now a reward for super-backers of AI War 2's kickstarter.  (Read 20451 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
Re: SBR (as-is) is now a reward for super-backers of AI War 2's kickstarter.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 12:49:55 pm »
i got irrationally exited when I saw a new thread up in the main forum page for this game and then I realised it was an advertisement for the kick starter  ::) still I think its a relatively solid  game as it is and PLUS when(if) testing goes under way again this means there'll be more people to help so its all good.
c.r

Offline Sounds

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 11:52:40 pm »
i got irrationally exited when I saw a new thread up in the main forum page for this game and then I realised it was an advertisement for the kick starter  ::) still I think its a relatively solid  game as it is and PLUS when(if) testing goes under way again this means there'll be more people to help so its all good.

Not sure I agree with it being a relatively solid game. I was part of the wave of red shirts and it never quite got to the point that it felt like being 'fun', but I do hope it gets resurrected.

The kernel of great idea is there, just execution is not where it needed to be back then for me.

Offline garion333

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 10:34:47 am »
Might want to unsticky this post and note that this was from the first AI War 2 KS, not the current one.

Edit: Ignore me, I now see it IS being offered on the new KS, dammit. Still at that hugely high tier. Can I just throw some money at you guys so I can play around with it? ;)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 11:33:29 am by garion333 »

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 01:02:43 pm »
There is too much of the factory floor in the game for it to be sold for a cheap price. If there is a low entry bar, then people have will not really appreciate that it contains so much in progress stuff. Then there will be a social backlash about the product, ending is unpleasantness because they just don't realize how much of a work in progress it is. You aren't spending $X for a game. You are spending $X to be able to see inside the creation process. These are entirely different things and have different expectations.

Another analogy is:
Would you spend $50 for a 30 minute coffee break with some guy named Chris? (If yes, send me a check).
Alternatively, would you spend $50 for a 30 minute coffeebreak with Arcen's lead designer Chris? Two massively different things, but literally the same experience.

Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline garion333

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 01:54:35 pm »
I wasn't criticizing it's place in the pledge hierarchy. It's an incomplete game, it's meant to entice people like me in spending a rather large chunk of money. It shouldn't be given out willy nilly on a KS campaign.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 01:56:44 pm by garion333 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk