Author Topic: Podcast with eXplorminate about Stars Beyond Reach!  (Read 3993 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Podcast with eXplorminate about Stars Beyond Reach!
« on: April 30, 2015, 10:13:40 am »
Original: http://arcengames.com/podcast-with-explorminate-about-stars-beyond-reach/

explorminate

StraX #17 – Interview with Arcen Games

Rob and Nate speak with founder of Arcen Games, Chris Park, about their upcoming 4X hybrid, Stars Beyond Reach. They learn about how the game plays, what their time line is for release, hints about the story connection between SBR and AI War and The Last Federation and much more!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
Re: Podcast with eXplorminate about Stars Beyond Reach!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 12:04:15 pm »
You can build a city with a 100k people.
You can replace the Acutians with a beautiful open air park.
You can fill the graveyards with 20,000 corpses per turn, every turn with 20,000 birthrate.
You can generate crime over 1000 per tile (e'ery tile).
And no one notices.

But you build one trial city next to the Burlusts with an appropriate name, and that's only thing that people ever remember about you.
 :P
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 12:07:45 pm »
referring to our self's in 3rd person are we? (I should have know Chris was royalty in secret all along)
c.r

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 12:12:44 pm »
@ptarth: Hahaha, it was just the funniest story that I had about that sort of usage of multiple cities. :)  I still get a kick out of it!

@crazyroosterman: That was their text, not mine, so I just copied it across rather than taking the time to write up my own. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 05:55:33 pm »
okay so lore nerding time for me(not sayings anything about ai war as I'm a newbie to it)  regarding the whole questions you never thought to ask in tlf I've got 2 ideas for this 1 you get the origins of the different races in tlf (hopefully the acutions/andors whont be something as predictable as they were created by humans though) I have a mad crack pot theory that there originally the robots in bionic due and that they split of into 2 factions after the events of that game and 2 you get to find out what happened in that part of the universe after you/the hydra left to make it the last federation 3 you get to find out what actually happened to the hydral after he left 2 find out how your able to upload earth schematics when its meant to be destroyed. ps not lore related but wouldn't it be awesome  if the hydral(as a species probably) and the obscura got added as races in dlc?
c.r

Offline UsF

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 05:31:23 am »
you knowyou knowyou knowyou knowyou knowyou knowyou knowyou knowyou know
Sorry ;D Great interview.

Edit: I really loved the "internal issues". It is the same reason why games like Crusader Kings are great, you can basically collapse from internal issues with no outside influence whatsoever. Grown too big, your vassals don't like you, marriages in terrible shape and you're an imbecile? Well tough luck, someone else will probably take over. Cities Skylines, Simcity or Anno in peaceful/solo mode was all internal conflicts, where production lines or land value issues caused you problems, things that you caused yourself.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 10:02:48 am by UsF »

Offline P3X-639

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 02:24:53 pm »
Fun podcast. I didn't think I could get more excited for SBR, but I guess I was wrong. :)

I like that there's some strange, supernatural reason everyone on the planet hasn't just decided to book it, and why managing to get out of Dodge isn't as simple as building a new ship and flying off. Lots of nice little nuggets in the podcast. Very cool. Can't wait to get stuck in Hotel California ;)

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 09:39:51 pm »
You can build a city with a 100k people.
You can replace the Acutians with a beautiful open air park.
You can fill the graveyards with 20,000 corpses per turn, every turn with 20,000 birthrate.
You can generate crime over 1000 per tile (e'ery tile).
And no one notices.

But you build one trial city next to the Burlusts with an appropriate name, and that's only thing that people ever remember about you.
 :P

lol      this is great ptarth.   :)

-T

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk