Author Topic: Orangeshirts to be added Monday or Tuesday.  (Read 5665 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Orangeshirts to be added Monday or Tuesday.
« on: May 01, 2015, 04:05:58 pm »
Hey guys,

I hate to delay things here, but there are several serious AI glitches that have been found, and I think that those are partially related to how we're storing the data for a few buildings.  This is requiring a retrofit of some of the image import stuff (it's a long story) that I was planning on doing Sunday, but instead pushed today.  That should at the very least help, but if it doesn't solve the problem then I'll be trying to figure out more of that on Sunday.

There are a few other known issues of substance (resources not really being set up properly, nor natural wonders), and I'm not sure if I want your initial impression clouded by that.  I suppose it's inevitable, though, because my true plans for resources and their usage won't really bear fruit until late next week.  So I'll have that as a pre-blueshirt goal, but orangeshirts will just have to take that one on the chin. ;)

So really it comes down to how quickly I can get this image import stuff and AI stuff figured out.  Hopefully by sometime on Monday. I'm sorry this is going to miss the weekend!  Thanks for understanding, guys.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Re: Orangeshirts to be added Monday or Tuesday.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 04:14:50 pm »
A pity, but it can't be helped, I guess.
You manage to make the rollercoaster ride start before I am even in this time ;).

Make sure to get your share of the long weekend, though!
We can wait a little longer.

No need to the upset the spouse over this ;).
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 04:17:39 pm »
Not a long weekend for me, I confess.

Hopefully these small delays and so forth creating the early roller coaster will smooth out in the next couple of weeks.  For my own sanity please... ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 04:20:04 pm »
It's always mondays or tuesdays with you XD

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 04:20:48 pm »
Yeah, sorry about that!

Offline tombik

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 07:13:03 pm »
What about letting us understand the game until we may be aware of AI is failing?

I mean I dont think completing my first playthrough anyways. Just getting a bit familiar with HUD, mechanics etc, is enough until Monday dont u think?

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 08:04:59 pm »
In general, starting tests at the end of the week is a horrible idea. If there is a problem, then the testers riot for 3 days until the programmers get back in the office, or the programmers have to come in on the weekend and frantically code while their families are neglected.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline tombik

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 08:21:27 pm »
In general, starting tests at the end of the week is a horrible idea. If there is a problem, then the testers riot for 3 days until the programmers get back in the office, or the programmers have to come in on the weekend and frantically code while their families are neglected.

Good point.

Same 3 days is time to test for the testers as well though :)

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 08:51:09 pm »
I've been thinking and I have to agree the orange shirts should be started on the week end I'm sure if we can endure being nuked with pollution that they can endure a janky ai. (unless your sick of people pointing it out to you of course XD)
c.r

Offline jerith

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 03:58:39 am »
Not a long weekend for me, I confess.

Sounds like a long week instead.

I'd prefer to start hammering on the game by Tuesday if possible, even if that's a little ahead of the rest of the group. My girlfriend is out of town for a week, so I have lots of free time could use a distraction from loneliness. The week after is likely to be busier (she's back and some work stuff is happening) so I may have difficult life decisions to make if I get my first taste of SBR then. :-)

Offline Shrugging Khan

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Y PzKpfw Tiger!
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2015, 04:18:52 am »
Sharpen your teeth! Paint your faces! We shall bathe our weapons in the great sea at the other end of the world!

...ehm. Reporting for duty. Whenever, whatever. Tell me what to watch out for I'll report every crack, bend and patch of rust that I spot.
The beatings shall continue
until morale improves!

Offline UsF

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2015, 05:10:42 am »
Hm a shame, but more long weekends are ahead and a Monday isn't necessarily bad either, so people can't overplay it, because of work reasons. :D
I am happy to wait for the next round then of blueshirts or if orangeshirts get delayed near a weekend (or need another group of people by then).

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015, 09:02:18 pm »
.811 is going to be a massive change. There are just tons of things that are getting fixed. Delaying the next wave was the right choice.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2015, 09:24:01 pm »
cant argue with that I just had a quick refresh and holt mc Jesus there's a lot of changes in it 0_0.
c.r

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2015, 09:37:44 pm »
I agree with Ptarth and Chris, I think it is best to get the new bugs ironed out first, then bring in the new wave. Better a better game, than have people plodding through and posting issues with things that probably would change in the fixes anyway.

Of course not everyone who wants to be a tester wants to hear that. But it is still true.
The guys need to take the time to get serious issues out of the way first, that way they can work on balance and bugs less serious later. Without being stressed on it.

-Teal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk