Author Topic: No Multiplayer For Stars Beyond Reach.  (Read 35864 times)

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: No Multiplayer For Stars Beyond Reach.
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2015, 09:57:18 pm »
Haha. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2015, 10:05:41 pm »
I... don't even know what that thread is about on the first post.  Wow, that's quite a thread indeed, though.

They do like their mega-threads on that forum, though, that's for sure.  There's one for AI War that is presently 44 pages long: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=41107.0
The short version: Anthropomorphized Japanese WWII battleships.

The long version is that it's  a Japanese browser game sponsored by Japan's conservative party to build interest in Japan's military history in the otaku subculture by trojaning it in the form of sexualized antopomorphic incarnations of WWII battleships. Somehow it's wildly popular.

The internet is weird.  :-[

Ah, I recognize that.  It got made into an actual anime, too, which apparently only just started airing.

.....dont ask how or why I know this.  No answer will be forthcoming.

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2015, 10:11:21 pm »
I... don't even know what that thread is about on the first post.  Wow, that's quite a thread indeed, though.

They do like their mega-threads on that forum, though, that's for sure.  There's one for AI War that is presently 44 pages long: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=41107.0

The long version is that it's  a Japanese browser game sponsored by Japan's conservative party to build interest in Japan's military history in the otaku subculture by trojaning it in the form of sexualized antopomorphic incarnations of WWII battleships. Somehow it's wildly popular.

From that description it sounds like a more fanservicey, more historical but less AIs & possibly-aliens than Arpeggio of Blue Steel, which was pretty cool on netflix.

...Still weird, but japan is as good at interesting-weird as it is weird-weird, more or less. *shrug*

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2015, 10:35:50 pm »

Ah, I recognize that.  It got made into an actual anime, too, which apparently only just started airing.

.....dont ask how or why I know this.  No answer will be forthcoming.
I think you just outed yourself.

From that description it sounds like a more fanservicey, more historical but less AIs & possibly-aliens than Arpeggio of Blue Steel, which was pretty cool on netflix.

...Still weird, but japan is as good at interesting-weird as it is weird-weird, more or less. *shrug*
That's accurate, enough that they did a crossover last year in the game. Kantai Collection comes is ever so slightly racist tho', while Arpeggio (in manga form) seemed like the author was nerding out over WW2 ships. (...And anime girls. Japan, after all.) Don't watch much anime, heard that one was pretty different.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk