Author Topic: New Tales of Woe?  (Read 3800 times)

Offline steelwing

New Tales of Woe?
« on: April 29, 2015, 12:58:43 pm »
Just curious, you Arcen guys aren't going to leave us hanging waiting for pt 3 of Tales of Wow, right? ;)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: New Tales of Woe?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 01:04:29 pm »
Julian is working away animating it, and that's just something that takes... well, quite a bit of time.  I've seen the semi-animated rough storyboards for it, and they're great, but now it's in the part where it takes him the most time; actually doing the final art and full animations.  It might be another 3 weeks or so, but that depends on his schedule and just how challenging various bits of it turn out to be.  There's a lot of action in this one. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline steelwing

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 01:13:25 pm »
Awesome!  Looking forward to seeing it!  :D

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 01:39:42 pm »
Me too!  :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 03:28:54 pm »
I laughed so hard on the tiny burping aliens.They are cute and crazy.
One of my favourite moments is,when the ship computer says that the specific alien can be the dictator and no one has to know this but accidently tells this over the board speaker. All other aliens going like "FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU!!!"

And I love how the computer always says "Frek" (or whatever he's saying) when something bad happens.
I hope we can see the missing races from ToW 2 (Thoraxians, Zenith, Yali, Fenyn etc.).

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 03:36:19 pm »
Haha, glad you enjoyed them.

The noises that the aliens are making are actually vocalizations from Monk Seals, funnily enough.  There are a few other animals mixed in there as well, and it's somewhat distorted and so forth, but that's the genesis of their sound.  Video 2 has a wider variety of sounds for the aliens since I needed more expressiveness for them -- that got into some Galapagos Fur Seals and Fallow Deer and a few other things.

With a lot of their stuff I adjusted things to give them word-sounding vocalizations rather than just the regular calls they have.  Basically cropping their vocalizations into rough syllables and so forth.  And then for that FFFFFUUU moment, shifting around pitch and speed and such a lot to get the emotion I wanted out of that, haha.

The first video just has the computer and the "indiscriminate race," and the second video has those guys plus the Burlusts, Acutians, Krolin, and of course Andors.   Briefly the Skylaxians, I forgot.  Oh, and one of the underground monsters from the planet. The third video sees all of the above once again, except the Skylaxians, and then it also shows the Thoraxians for a bit, as well as a couple of other representatives of the planet.  The Fenyn were in the original script for the third video, but I cut them for time and pacing.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 03:48:43 pm »
poor felyns always get the short end of the stick ): (you so racist Chris  :'(     
c.r

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 03:53:33 pm »
Speciesist.  :D

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 04:29:21 pm »
 :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk