Author Topic: Just curious: What's still in stock for wonders & resources?  (Read 12441 times)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Just curious: What's still in stock for wonders & resources?
« on: September 03, 2015, 01:48:00 pm »
While playing .908 I noticed that wonders still lack their bonusses - even though there already have been changes to distribute them to the territory they are in as well as bleed into its neighbors iirc.

Do you have something else planned for wonders?
Just wondering why they did not simple got their old bonusses back - potentially scaled back significantly to accommodate the much larger number of tiles they affect ...u
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 01:50:34 pm by nas1m »
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Just curious: What's still in stock for wonders & resources?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 02:43:36 pm »
Wonders, like the terraformed terrain, will be a source of territory-wide bonuses, as you guessed.  Resources are used in a more finite fashion now, and will be used for upgrading buildings or trading to AIs.

The reason that a lot of the bonuses have not been added back yet are twofold.  First, I've been focused on other things and I'm tackling the more challenging and/or needs-most-testing stuff first.  Secondly, with building services and some other things like that in the near future, I'm not really working on any sort of specific bonuses anywhere -- or at least I'm trying to avoid it.  A lot of those bonuses will go to those sorts of services.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 04:00:01 pm »
Makes sense!
Building Services?
You mentioned these a couple of times but I am fairly sure you never publicly explained what they actually are ;)...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 04:06:43 pm by nas1m »
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 04:09:38 pm »
Things like fire, police, etc, are all going into a new system.  Even things like sewage, the peltians wanting fresh produce (but that not being a thing for anyone else), etc, etc.  It's basically a new macro-system that is going to have a ton of micro-systems within it.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 05:05:36 pm »
Things like fire, police, etc, are all going into a new system.  Even things like sewage, the peltians wanting fresh produce (but that not being a thing for anyone else), etc, etc.  It's basically a new macro-system that is going to have a ton of micro-systems within it.
so I presume sewage is going to be a thing you need to maintain to deal with the execs results of food and water production? I also presume it will be underground? sounds like its all going to be pretty interesting when all this stuffs matured.
c.r

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 08:12:54 pm »
A lot of that sort of thing is more of a numbers game, using colored overlays kind of like what fire coverage is like in Cities: Skylines.  So yes, you will have to manage things in that fashion, but you won't be running pipes or anything.  That part always seemed tedious to me.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 08:25:05 pm »
I guess running pipes would get tedious given enough time by the way how's it getting on? I'm a little bit exited to see what this is like when it matures?.(if you get what I mean)
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk