Author Topic: Interview with SpaceSector about Stars Beyond Reach!  (Read 3045 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Interview with SpaceSector about Stars Beyond Reach!
« on: June 18, 2015, 11:54:56 am »
spaceSector

Interview with Arcen Games, By Edward Varfalvy

This was a great Q&A with Edward about the game -- he asks some really great questions that get at not just what the game is, but what the motivations were behind it. Some of the questions get at future intent as the current beta progresses, as well, so there's some cool info there even for folks who are already in the beta.

Speaking of the beta, we are still doing periodic waves of those, so feel free to sign up!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Tomasdk

• Newbie Mark II
Re: Interview with SpaceSector about Stars Beyond Reach!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 12:51:55 pm »
A really good interview, made me much more hyped for the game now, good job. :D
I didn't follow the development much up until now so the most surprising for me was probably the part about it being similar to AI War, that is that it can be relatively easy to lose in the end game, that is always an interesting mechanic.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 01:10:51 pm »
Nice :D.
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline topper

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 01:17:12 pm »
Nice to see the bigger picture!

The website does list that the game is slated for a July release at the bottom of the article. You may want to have them correct it if that is wrong before it gets too many views.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 02:26:51 pm »
Thanks guys!

And yep, I shot them an email pretty quick about the release date being off.

I still haven't gotten to the full ability to do what I'm hoping with the endgame getting really dangerous for the player, since there are other things going on in the beta first, but I've been planning that out in increasing detail in my mind.  It's something that's definitely always important to me, because I hate boring mop-up endings, haha.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 05:53:19 am »
Quote from: x4000
You can also focus on making those “procedural techs,” in the form of broadcasts, writings, philosophy, consumer products, military products, etc. Construction of your city and usage of resources can really augment this process as well, and these can both make you stronger as well as give you something to use in international trade. You might completely ignore international trade, and that’s cool too — maybe you are hoarding your procedural techs for yourself, which is fine, or maybe you’re not even making them because you’re too busy efficiently capturing territory and sowing discord between other races so that they stay off your doorstep.
This must be the first time I actually got what market items are for - and that they can be used to augment me instead of having something to barter.
Cool stuff :D.
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk