Author Topic: Beta 0.917 (Hello Interface Clarity)  (Read 10737 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Beta 0.917 (Hello Interface Clarity)
« on: October 05, 2015, 04:24:00 pm »
New one!  https://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Stars_Beyond_Reach_Beta_Phase_3_Release_Notes#Version_0.917_.28Hello_Interface_Clarity.29

Whew, okay, this has been a huge undertaking.  The basics:

1. The new interface in the bottom-left is something I'm really pleased with.  I hope you are as well.  Visually a lot of the bigger buttons and plates are temp.  But in terms of sizing and positioning and organization, the idea is that this is hopefully close to final.

2. We have this awesome new building services planning screen as well, which is something that a lot of people really wanted (me too!).

3. There's a little bit of other new content, and some other bugfixes, but mostly those two items were enormous time sinks on their own.

4. Please do keep discussing things like the economy and whatnot, but I'm very temporarily ignoring that discussion so that I can get a few other features complete and we can have that discussion in the context of a complete game.  I think that will be a good thing for everyone, and certainly my state of mine. ;)

Enjoy!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Re: Beta 0.917 (Hello Interface Clarity)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 04:38:02 pm »
This - new - HUD - is - lovely!
:D

The only thing I am missing is a building filter taking number of staff into account.
Aside from that - an insane improvement.
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 04:50:24 pm »
New one!  https://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Stars_Beyond_Reach_Beta_Phase_3_Release_Notes#Version_0.917_.28Hello_Interface_Clarity.29

Whew, okay, this has been a huge undertaking.  The basics:

1. The new interface in the bottom-left is something I'm really pleased with.  I hope you are as well.  Visually a lot of the bigger buttons and plates are temp.  But in terms of sizing and positioning and organization, the idea is that this is hopefully close to final.

2. We have this awesome new building services planning screen as well, which is something that a lot of people really wanted (me too!).

3. There's a little bit of other new content, and some other bugfixes, but mostly those two items were enormous time sinks on their own.

4. Please do keep discussing things like the economy and whatnot, but I'm very temporarily ignoring that discussion so that I can get a few other features complete and we can have that discussion in the context of a complete game.  I think that will be a good thing for everyone, and certainly my state of mine. ;)

Enjoy!
so I guess this isn't getting pushed back again then? glad to see you finally think you can release the game.
c.r

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 05:16:58 pm »

The only thing I am missing is a building filter taking number of staff into account.

Isn't there an overlay for that?
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 07:43:32 pm »
Big improvement! Will the minimap get a change as well?

Offline dfinlay

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 10:34:23 pm »
To be honest, after spending a bunch of time with both, I think I found it easier to find this in the old UI. I got to know which tab each building was in and so didn't have to look through the whole list of buildings, just the relevant tab.

EDIT: I found the + button at the top eventually, and realised it did what I wanted, but for some reason I didn't see that at first.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 04:02:20 pm by dfinlay »

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 11:34:42 am »

Isn't there an overlay for that?
I was talking about the new buttons providing a list of buildings fitting a specific category (like producing crowns).
I crave one providing a list of buildings that need staffing/provide employment with the biggest employer at the top :).
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk