Author Topic: Beta 0.915 (Happy Air, Happy Wallet)  (Read 10560 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Beta 0.915 (Happy Air, Happy Wallet)
« on: October 02, 2015, 05:04:01 pm »
New one!  https://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Stars_Beyond_Reach_Beta_Phase_3_Release_Notes#Version_0.915_.28Happy_Air.2C_Happy_Wallet.29

This deals with the money issue from the past version -- hopefully making things less slow but also still balanced against one another.

And then it also deals with the pollution frustrations.

Enjoy!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
Re: Beta 0.915 (Happy Air, Happy Wallet)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 05:21:51 pm »
I can make a polluted hell hole now? awesome it used to be fun for me to make a polluted hell hole with the krolin back before the acts implementation ill be happy to see if this is a possibility now with them again.
c.r

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 05:27:41 pm »
Just FYI: Small shops still state that they produce 450 crowns in my fresh .915 game (not 150).

Also: Is it possible that turns spent in battle accidentally produce science? I was attacked by a monster immediately at the start of the game and sped through quite a number of turns/battle rounds to make my lander defeat the monster.
Afterwards I had roughly 400 science points to spent whose origin is unclear to me ;).

EDIT:
Also: Is it possible that field study camps being unlocked for Act 1 due to being a prerequisite for city parks with fountains messes with the game in an insane number of ways?
First, localization entries seem to be missing if placing it in a territory with a monster.
Second my map just got spammed with monsters, *many* monsters, after placing one next to a natural wonder (see Mantis)...

EDIT2: Unfortunately I do not seem to be able to repo the science issue  :-\...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 05:49:26 pm by nas1m »
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 07:01:34 pm »
Just FYI: Small shops still state that they produce 450 crowns in my fresh .915 game (not 150).

Also: Is it possible that turns spent in battle accidentally produce science? I was attacked by a monster immediately at the start of the game and sped through quite a number of turns/battle rounds to make my lander defeat the monster.
Afterwards I had roughly 400 science points to spent whose origin is unclear to me ;).

EDIT:
Also: Is it possible that field study camps being unlocked for Act 1 due to being a prerequisite for city parks with fountains messes with the game in an insane number of ways?
First, localization entries seem to be missing if placing it in a territory with a monster.
Second my map just got spammed with monsters, *many* monsters, after placing one next to a natural wonder (see Mantis)...

EDIT2: Unfortunately I do not seem to be able to repo the science issue  :-\...
I had the same monster issue in a boarines game although mine was in act 1 and happened seemingly for no reason at all.
c.r

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 11:56:08 am »
Okay, I've missed a few updates here after being away from the main PC for a couple of days, but it looks like things are really speeding along now.

I'm curious, how close are you guys getting to the finishing point with this?  Is there still alot of content yet to add, or is most of it in now?

I'll give the new version a go later tonight.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 12:10:13 pm »
Quick notes:

1. Yep, have all the polluted hellholes you want. ;)

2. The numbers that I stated in the release notes were all based on the base before the x3 across the board multiplier that was then noted later on.  So all is well, though I understand that's super confusing, apologies. :)

3. Having field study camps early would cause all sorts of issues, but not the loca issues I would not think.  Getting those into mantis would be good.

4. The monster spam there is... I'm not sure why that's there.

5. As far as getting to the finishing point with this, we still have a ton of international abilities and some related desires and whatnot from the races that are needed.  That's pretty much the main stuff needed to complete act 3 and have that ready for you.  There's some non-content-style code logic needed for acts 3 and 4.  There is a very small amount of content that I need to add for act 5, and then some code logic that I haven't actually even fully figured out yet (that's stressful).  It should not be hard code logic, I just haven't figured out the nature of it yet because I've been distracted.

6. Beyond that we have major interface stuff that is in the services realm, the hud realm, and the battle realm.  Possibly that will all be done by the end of Monday.  It won't be prettified yet at that point, but the idea is to get it functional and make sure that it makes sense and feels smooth, then to make it pretty.

7. And then it's pretty much all balance and bugfixes.  And tutorials and tooltips.  Intro and ending stories.  Some other general progress.

TLDR: I'm an insane person, but I'm also between a rock and a hard place what with the other games coming out in November.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 12:19:23 pm »
Quick notes:

1. Yep, have all the polluted hellholes you want. ;)

4. The monster spam there is... I'm not sure why that's there.

5. As far as getting to the finishing point with this, we still have a ton of international abilities and some related desires and whatnot from the races that are needed.  That's pretty much the main stuff needed to complete act 3 and have that ready for you.  There's some non-content-style code logic needed for acts 3 and 4.  There is a very small amount of content that I need to add for act 5, and then some code logic that I haven't actually even fully figured out yet (that's stressful).  It should not be hard code logic, I just haven't figured out the nature of it yet because I've been distracted.

1 goody I started a krolin game today and yes it is indeed possible although trash is fairly annoying to deal by the way it seems like trash dumping isn't working since it seems to make no noticeable difference to my trash problem

2 one person on mantis had this problem and thought it was because of the ai races setting of the planet to nuke them with monster(even if it involves innocent little you in the process) by fighting so perhaps that might be the case.

3 glad to hear that this games getting there in regards to being .finished.
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk