Author Topic: Beta 0.910 (Now With Fewer Bugs -- Also Redshirts Wave II)  (Read 25184 times)

Offline donlol

• Newbie Mark II
Re: Beta 0.910 (Now With Fewer Bugs -- Also Redshirts Wave II)
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2015, 08:07:17 pm »
Meh, now that I looked at both thermal and borehole mine's descriptions, it does indeed say on what kind of tiles they're supposed to be used. My bad I guess, there's just a lot of info being thrown at you at the beggining so it's easy to miss that kind of stuff.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2015, 08:10:14 pm »
Meh, now that I looked at both thermal and borehole mine's descriptions, it does indeed say on what kind of tiles they're supposed to be used. My bad I guess, there's just a lot of info being thrown at you at the beggining so it's easy to miss that kind of stuff.
no need to apologise this is what were here for.
c.r

Offline donlol

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2015, 08:38:50 pm »
Yeah, regarding repair - After my early game "megalodon incident", my hub was being repaired for like 6 or more turns, sucking all my income - for a few turns I had 0 starting credits. Imo the fact that repairs are taking money should be indicated much more strongly - it took me a few turns before I realized that that's were my cash is vanishing.
Now that I think about it, the main reason I didn't know where my money vanished is that the indicator showing next turn credits balance (right above the counter that shows your current cash) doesn't include the repair costs - it shows my balance will be positive, and the next turn I lose money. The repair costs are shown only on the accounting report screen. Should this be reported as a bug?

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2015, 08:55:06 pm »
Yeah, regarding repair - After my early game "megalodon incident", my hub was being repaired for like 6 or more turns, sucking all my income - for a few turns I had 0 starting credits. Imo the fact that repairs are taking money should be indicated much more strongly - it took me a few turns before I realized that that's were my cash is vanishing.
Now that I think about it, the main reason I didn't know where my money vanished is that the indicator showing next turn credits balance (right above the counter that shows your current cash) doesn't include the repair costs - it shows my balance will be positive, and the next turn I lose money. The repair costs are shown only on the accounting report screen. Should this be reported as a bug?
I don't think its a bug it should probably be changed to include your costs though since its clearly confusing it confused me since I don't remember there being a repair cost for things before the super patch and kept getting confused were my money was going during a death spiral.(I mean it have been that way but I never noticed)
c.r

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2015, 09:35:56 pm »
Repair costs are a very recent addition.  You can track income and expenditures by mousing over your crowns (that TT is there) or click your crowns to bring up an accounting report.

Everything on the top bar has a tt on mouse over.  Some have a click on for pop up that brings up more detailed info.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline donlol

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2015, 05:15:51 am »
I know I can check my income and expenditures by hovering over crowns.
I'm not sure we're on the same page here, so let me ask a question - do you guys think that the counter (or indicator, w/e) above crowns should be showing only income, or rather balance (so income - expenditures)? Because right now it seems to be showing only income, which I personally find misleading. But that might be just me.

Edit: Ahh I see now. Repair costs seem to be NOT counted as expenditures. When I hover over crowns, it says expenditures: 0. To see repair costs I need to click on crowns and go to accounting report. So now the question is - should repair costs be included in expenditures?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 05:19:24 am by donlol »

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2015, 09:16:47 am »
I know I can check my income and expenditures by hovering over crowns.
I'm not sure we're on the same page here, so let me ask a question - do you guys think that the counter (or indicator, w/e) above crowns should be showing only income, or rather balance (so income - expenditures)? Because right now it seems to be showing only income, which I personally find misleading. But that might be just me.

Edit: Ahh I see now. Repair costs seem to be NOT counted as expenditures. When I hover over crowns, it says expenditures: 0. To see repair costs I need to click on crowns and go to accounting report. So now the question is - should repair costs be included in expenditures?
I think they should after all its still sucking money away from just like other expenditures.
c.r

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2015, 02:09:58 pm »
I just .beat. my first game and I think I definitely like what I see also I suspect now that the warehouse is for the storage need since its shown as one in act 2.(even in its current jank state)
c.r

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2015, 09:47:24 pm »
Cheers everybody.  I'm glad that confusion is the worst problem at the moment -- that can be managed, and nothing so far that has been said is a huge surprise in that department.  Pretty much the confusion is where I was not having time to document yet, or things where the wording was unclear and multiple people pointed it out on mantis.

In terms of the pollution death spiral, and the impossibility of expanding out into the larger world, those are balance issues introduced lately.  The thing with being impossible to get to act 2 because of some buildings not being around was a bug, among many other bugs fixed in the new build.  The impossibility of expansion is now fixed, and the pollution death spiral probably won't happen to you anymore -- BUT the way that pollution, trash, and dead bodies impact you really is not finalized right now, because based on feedback to this version that's getting a more substantial revision than what has happened thus far between 0.910 and 0.911.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks!  Overall I keep out of these threads and stick to mantis, so things being pushed up to there is very much appreciated.  Hopefully this is getting to a point this week where a lot of what has been of most concern here is all resolved.  I think we're pretty close on that front, but we'll just see how it goes each progressing day here.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk