Author Topic: Beta 0.909 (Super Ultra Mega New Version)  (Read 30738 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Beta 0.909 (Super Ultra Mega New Version)
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 09:02:54 am »
As a sidenote: Did somebody also encounter pollution (cleaning) being totally off right now? Like, I am only able to build Hazmats, but one does not even clean half of the pollution created by an single Construction Crew?! Earlier I needed one or two of these guys at most - now it looks like I will have to build a whole ring of them for each single polluter.

I had this issue, but I had some of the nainzul "upwind", so I figured they were throwing their pollution on me.
Being polluted seems to reduce the XP gains too.

Yep.  The pollution emission amounts are all fine, but the reduction strengths seem really bad.  I'm not sure why this is different suddenly.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 09:31:14 am »
As a sidenote: Did somebody also encounter pollution (cleaning) being totally off right now? Like, I am only able to build Hazmats, but one does not even clean half of the pollution created by an single Construction Crew?! Earlier I needed one or two of these guys at most - now it looks like I will have to build a whole ring of them for each single polluter.

I had this issue, but I had some of the nainzul "upwind", so I figured they were throwing their pollution on me.
Being polluted seems to reduce the XP gains too.

Yep.  The pollution emission amounts are all fine, but the reduction strengths seem really bad.  I'm not sure why this is different suddenly.
Is it possible that this is related to the recent changes of pollution no longer be tracked on a per tile basis? If I read the game correctly my Hazmat gives 100 reduction per tile while the pollution summary tooltip at the top lists my overall reduction as 100...

If a single contruction crew creates 240 pollution this can't work out without lots of Hazmats - in every territory
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2015, 09:46:55 am »
Pollution is still per-tile, but the overall pollution is a summary of what has not been cleaned up.  It may be due to the tapering of pollution cleanup or... something.  I have to look at it.  At any rate, there's a lot of stacking of pollution that happens if any pollution slips past your scrubbers.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2015, 09:54:56 am »
Pollution is still per-tile, but the overall pollution is a summary of what has not been cleaned up.  It may be due to the tapering of pollution cleanup or... something.  I have to look at it.  At any rate, there's a lot of stacking of pollution that happens if any pollution slips past your scrubbers.
Care for a save ;)?
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2015, 10:00:56 am »
Care for a save ;)?

Always!  Thanks. :)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2015, 10:21:55 am »
By the way: What does "There must be none of these: Broadcast Station (current: 0, target: 1)" mean?

The objective said my little guys don't like television and that there thus must not be any Broadcast Station in the world for me to advance to Act 2.

Does this mean I have to eradicate all stations after one has been built at least once?
Or is simply meeting the population goal before the first station gets built sufficient?

This "current: 0, target: 1" business confuses the heck out of me  ???...

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2015, 10:35:32 am »
Yeah, the wording on those is pretty terrible in a lot of ways; we've got some things in the works to make that clearer (some icons, among other things), but it's terrible right now, heh.  Do you have a savegame with that?

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 10:45:58 am »
Yeah, the wording on those is pretty terrible in a lot of ways; we've got some things in the works to make that clearer (some icons, among other things), but it's terrible right now, heh.  Do you have a savegame with that?
It's the one you already got ;).
I am by no means far enough into the game in terms of population that this gets an issue, though :P.

PS: Looks like all central screen notices are gone? Never got one in my game, neither for techs nor races or stupidity events...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 10:52:16 am by nas1m »

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 10:50:51 am »
Cool stuff, thanks -- that is fixed then.

And no worries on the other pieces.  And yep, the central screen notices are gone, because I felt like those were getting in my way really constantly.  I want to add something to really make the appearance of things on the right sidebar more noticeable, but not so obnoxious as the central screen messages were, heh.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2015, 10:51:25 am »
It#s the one you already got ;).
I am by no means far enough into the game in terms of population that this gets an issue, though :P.

PS: Looks like all central screen notices are gone? Never got one in my game, neither for techs nor races or stupidity events...
Also: Individual Scout Stations can cause 8k pollution?! Really? Save attached.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2015, 11:03:52 am »
the patch is finally here! whoop whoop! haven't actually tried it out yet since I literally just got here and I'm going to go stop wasting time and get into it already.
c.r

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2015, 11:08:22 am »

You have in that save a massive shortage of trash space, and littered trash all over the place.  There was a bug in the interface making it not look too bad, though.  The effect of littered trash is now tons of pollution rather than an increase in crime.  Because your issue is so severe, it's making the whole city go nuts.  One or two trash dumps and then some turns and it will subside.

There are changes coming to the pollution stuff in general, though, and hazmat, to make it balanced better.  Thanks!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2015, 11:11:44 am »
I finally managend to solve my 200k pollution (apparently).

To me it looks like the importance of levelling your hazmats is huge, i.e. everything that impeds their progress is a real showstopper (insufficient staffing, unfullfilled needs).

Now that I know this I feel better prepared to handle pollution before it escalates that much.

Taking this into account (and presuming the described impact is what you are after), the 6x buff to hazmat base cleaning strength might be a bit much, though?

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2015, 11:16:40 am »

You have in that save a massive shortage of trash space, and littered trash all over the place.  There was a bug in the interface making it not look too bad, though.  The effect of littered trash is now tons of pollution rather than an increase in crime.  Because your issue is so severe, it's making the whole city go nuts.  One or two trash dumps and then some turns and it will subside.

There are changes coming to the pollution stuff in general, though, and hazmat, to make it balanced better.  Thanks!
Ah, I see. Somehow this time the indicator escaped me ;).
Building two trash dumps indeed fixes the issue.
Maybe it would be good to promote the detailed pollution info to the top-level building details?

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2015, 11:18:44 am »
hey so far I'm enjoying what I've come across but some of the inter faces on the bottom of the screen are missing their names when you right click them and the gold brick inter face is missing that and also just says missing localisation when I click into it.
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk