Release notes are ridiculous, and honestly don't include everything because good grief: https://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Stars_Beyond_Reach_Beta_Phase_2_Release_Notes#Version_0.909
To some extent it's almost not even worth it to bother reading them and just assume it's a different game. You might think I'm joking, but not really.
It is late and I'm absolutely exhausted. A few things I want to point out:
1. I am not starting the new beta with new players tonight, because it is just too late and I figure folks that aren't in Australia or serious night owls won't be able to play it right now anyway. Or the west coast, actually -- I'm too tired, I didn't realize it's only 6:46 for you guys. Well, sorry, anyway.
I would love to get the next wave of beta players in, but it takes 40+ minutes and I'm just not up for that until the morning. Give me about 12 hours and I'll have you guys set up!
2. For existing testers, here you go, it's out.
The updates are going to be fast and furious from here on out.
3. That said, the funeral for my grandfather is on Friday, so I'll be out that day. And Keith has things going on half of Friday and then all this weekend, too. So that is one disruption in the very short term.
4. The game itself has these notes on the main menu now, but here:Development Status:
* The game will presently stop you from playing after Act I.
* Various buildings are missing descriptions; sorry about that.
* Various buildings are missing international abilities.
* Various buildings are missing periodic events on them.
* All subscreens except the tech tree are very unpolished. Apologies.
* Aspects of the main hud (objectives mainly) are unpolished.
* Many overlays are visually psychedelically nuts right now. Will fix soon.
* The intro story is not there yet.
* Underground monsters don't yet come after you when you attack other races during Act I, but they will soon.
* The international relations screen at the bottom is brought up by three icons right now. It will be three separate windows soon.
* You can (intentionally) get some Act-II-or-later buildings by choosing certain territories at game start. These have not had a balance pass.
* Beyond those things, please let us know what you find!
I'll be back tomorrow with more info and more energy. Night all!