Author Topic: Beta 0.896 (Power Auto-Battle! -- probably last release for until Tue next week)  (Read 4968 times)

Offline Shrugging Khan

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Y PzKpfw Tiger!
*sits, makes happy puppy eyes and waves his tail about*  :D
The beatings shall continue
until morale improves!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Kids these days. "Waaaah, I got eaten by nightmare death machines on my way to school", they say. "The nuclear missiles in my backpack didn't work because they tunneled right to the end of our driveway and within minimum range", they say. Bah. Walk it off!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Shrugging Khan

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Y PzKpfw Tiger!
Hey, don't get grumpy old man. We *need* our nukes!

Else I'll find something else to complain about...you know...like...you know mines? Shallow mines? Yes...mines can only work on rough terrain, yes? And when you place a mine, it changes the terrain type to something smooth, yes? Or do you know that Interior Ballistics has little to nothing whatsoever to do with missiles?

So, make our nukes work. If kids don't threaten each other with Mutually Assured Destruction, the bullies will win.

:P
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 06:30:09 pm by Shrugging Khan »
The beatings shall continue
until morale improves!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
Kids these days. "Waaaah, I got eaten by nightmare death machines on my way to school", they say. "The nuclear missiles in my backpack didn't work because they tunneled right to the end of our driveway and within minimum range", they say. Bah. Walk it off!

Solution for minimum range issues: Nuke your neighbor.  They won't complain.  :D
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Tolc

• Full Member Mark II
Anyways, I find 0.896 to be completely unplayable.

http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=17302
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=17301

Something is amiss with the territories.

Ugh, players are always exaggerating, that so irks me.  "Completely unplayable."  Uh huh, sure.  That's just a way of saying you don't like being confined to one small territory until the Thoraxians wander in and you can't build anything anymore.  You can still play!  What, with enough restarts you could probably get in a good 30 turns before you're deadlocked into being a passive observer.  And even then -- you can keep hitting "end turn" and researching techs, can't you?  You might be able to even see some of what is going on through the clouds a bit.  Maybe someone will eventually even come over and kill you.

But no, I just get all this sort of exaggeration like "completely unplayable."  Ugh, some people. ;)

Thanks for the laugh, Chris ;)

In other news: With all that updating, I got behind a bit. So a question: If I had a save game that showed a bug 2 versions prior to this one and I still see it when I load that save game with the current version, is the bug still existent then or is it just leftover from the previous version?

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
by the way chris I was just wondering when the time is right will their be options added to the set up screen for tinkering with the various aspects of diseases? I'm sure you've seen my topic in which I moaned about diseases(and to much a lesser extent crime) being able to set their power manually would be wonderful?.
c.r

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
You bet guys. :)

In terms of bugs from a few versions back that still repro, better safe than sorry -- I'd rather close your issue as not a problem after verifying that's the case than miss something that is an ongoing problem. Sometimes it's just a "downstream issue," aka something that was caused by a big that is filed and now would not happen anymore. So noting version number of original save is of some help, but not a big deal. More often than not it's still a bug, though. I never get upset about having to close issues that aren't actually an issue, so if I wind up doing that to anyone, please don't feel bad! Better safe than sorry.

On disease customization, the severities of a lot of that stuff will be editable when the custom difficulties are broken out properly. After diplomacy and the endgame are where I want them, the game lobby startup is next on my hitlist. We're getting there, though it's slower than I'd like just because of the scale of revisions. But excellent progress all the same, I feel like.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
On disease customization, the severities of a lot of that stuff will be editable when the custom difficulties are broken out properly. After diplomacy and the endgame are where I want them, the game lobby startup is next on my hitlist. We're getting there, though it's slower than I'd like just because of the scale of revisions. But excellent progress all the same, I feel like.
awesome sauce!
c.r

Offline Tolc

• Full Member Mark II
In terms of bugs from a few versions back that still repro, better safe than sorry -- I'd rather close your issue as not a problem after verifying that's the case than miss something that is an ongoing problem. Sometimes it's just a "downstream issue," aka something that was caused by a big that is filed and now would not happen anymore. So noting version number of original save is of some help, but not a big deal. More often than not it's still a bug, though. I never get upset about having to close issues that aren't actually an issue, so if I wind up doing that to anyone, please don't feel bad! Better safe than sorry.

Alright, I'm putting the Peltian seaports into little boxes and mantis them then ;)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Oh boy, that auto-battle stuff is great :D.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 03:51:45 pm by nas1m »
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
You bet guys. :)

I am just here to say that the game is really starting to come together Chris.
I am having my first actually engaging at the moment - and you are not even done :D.
Thumbs up!
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
Sweet!!  I am really glad to hear that, nas1m. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk