Author Topic: Beta 0.826 now out. (Blueshirts to be invited later tonight)  (Read 3956 times)

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
Re: Beta 0.826 now out. (Blueshirts to be invited later tonight)
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 09:50:16 pm »
Also: I'm running late!  Please give me another hour or so, blueshirts.  Two hours max.  You'll appreciate the difference from what you would have had, trust me -- it's worth the wait.

We've been waiting forever already, what's a few more hours (days, weeks, months)?   :D
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 11:36:46 pm »
Was I a blueshirt? I only remember something about Rockman.  ;)

You are!

Also before I forget, Chris, is there also a story behind the second time you pulled an all nighter or did you just get sidetracked or something

Once was a sleepover, and was unexpected as a result.  I'm not sure how my friends stayed up.  We played a ton of Goldeneye that night.  The other time was on my own, by accident.

Actually I think that during the sleepover we all stayed up just off adrenaline, but then I stayed up the next night by accident with watermelon for the first time.  After crashing for some hours in the afternoon.  I really don't remember, it's been a looong time.

Honest to god.  These were very ripe local ones, and they were absolutely enormous watermelons.  So probably 6ish pounds, maybe?  Very sweet.  I ate maybe 3 pounds.  They were seedless, and I don't eat the seeds.

I have no idea if it would work now, I'd never want to try it.  But as a teen it certainly did, twice.

Er, 6 pounds? I'm not sure you are talking about the same watermelons that I'm familiar with. In the U.S., the typical average watermelon weighs in at 20 pounds and large ones around 100 pounds. Largest recorded U.S. watermelon is 262 lbs. (Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watermelon)

Bad estimate on my part, then.  Okay, so half of a 20 lb watermelon.  But in that instance, the rind still weighs a lot, so my guess of 6lbs of actual food ingested from half a watermelon is probably still in the ballpark.

Also: I'm running late!  Please give me another hour or so, blueshirts.  Two hours max.  You'll appreciate the difference from what you would have had, trust me -- it's worth the wait.

We've been waiting forever already, what's a few more hours (days, weeks, months)?   :D

You were not marked as blue, but I just now have marked you as thus.  I am about to start sending out the notes momentarily.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 11:43:25 pm »

You were not marked as blue, but I just now have marked you as thus.  I am about to start sending out the notes momentarily.

Klingon Warriors don't wear Starfleet uniforms.  Qapla'!
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 11:45:30 pm »
Worf?

Checkmate, atheists.

I've been on reddit too long. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2015, 12:30:31 am »
Worf?

Checkmate, atheists.

I've been on reddit too long. ;)

There are always exceptions to the rule (also B'Elanna Torres from Voyager).

Offline FallingStar

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2015, 02:30:31 pm »
Are blueshirts going to be in several waves?  I know at one point it was mentioned I might be useful in that phase . . so just being sure I know when to check my messages so I don't miss anything for a few days and wind up being less useful.

In any case, congrats on getting more polish in to the point you feel the game is ready for blueshirts!  And don't abuse watermellon.  It could become a federally controlled substance . . .

Edit . . actually I just saw the thread about yellowshirts, so I know what is going on now . .teach me to read directions properly!  Still though, congrats on getting closer to release!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:48:14 am by FallingStar »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk