Author Topic: Beta 0.808 out!  (Read 2636 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Beta 0.808 out!
« on: April 29, 2015, 05:12:32 pm »
Here ya go: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Stars_Beyond_Reach_Beta_Release_Notes#Version_0.808

Restart steam to force it to download right away if you want.

This one is a whole huge mass of bugfixes, basically.  As part of that, it's also repairing a ton of the AI logic, which has been systematically kneecapped over the last while by a few of those bugs.  The AI couldn't find its buildings or build underground buildings except Thoraxian or Yali, etc.  So the AI was really unable to do much with its food situation or housing in a lot of cases, particularly in the last release.  I still have more to look at there with the balance on the AI's buildings to be sure everything is okay, but they are at least in a functional and growth state again.

We've been breaking a lot of eggs lately what with all the performance improvements and whatnot, and I appreciate your patience with that.  Things will settle down, but we're just doing a lot very rapidly right now to try to get to that stable place, and that makes for some... churning... in the short-term. ;)

Anyway, I need to run or my wife is going to kill me, heh.  Have a good night!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
Re: Beta 0.808 out!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 05:44:13 pm »
delicious nice to see those 2 bugs I've been bitching about for a bit are getting looked over all I'm glad I signed for this having my name is makes me more proud of my self than it really should.(yay for vanity!)
c.r

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 09:51:36 am »
I something up with the mantis server? It's taking ages to do things on it on the last day or two.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 10:24:49 am »
delicious nice to see those 2 bugs I've been ponying about for a bit are getting looked over all I'm glad I signed for this having my name is makes me more proud of my self than it really should.(yay for vanity!)

You'll definitely see your name a lot more in there, too.  Things that go into mantis aren't being forgotten!  It's just a matter of prioritizing for us in terms of what is affecting the most people the most, and then down from there into polish stuff.  Right now it feels like we have a good amount of time to get stuff done, though there's still so much to do, clearly, heh.

I something up with the mantis server? It's taking ages to do things on it on the last day or two.

Hmm, I've not been seeing that, but I'll pass that on to Quinn to see if he can figure anything out.  I guess it has been slow, but it's not been what I'd consider super slow.  It is frustrating, though, having it slow at all.  Sorry about that!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 11:48:49 am »
the politically correct change to one of my words amuses me.
c.r

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 12:14:47 pm »

A lot of the changing of those words is for my own lovably amusement, much of the time, haha.  Or my way of having fun with spambots.  Try typing the name for those things you wear on your eyes when it's bright out. ;)

Offline Hyfrydle

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 12:55:35 pm »
So far of all the builds this is the best yet  :) Having a fun time and it's starting to make sense.

Looking forward to seeing how this evolves.

Also very few bugs so far.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 01:33:58 pm »
Awesome!  Very glad to hear that. :)

Offline ElOhTeeBee

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 08:32:27 pm »

A lot of the changing of those words is for my own huging amusement, much of the time, haha.  Or my way of having fun with spambots.  Try typing the name for those things you wear on your eyes when it's bright out. ;)
What, facehuggers?

edit: ROFL

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 09:49:39 am »

A lot of the changing of those words is for my own huging amusement, much of the time, haha.  Or my way of having fun with spambots.  Try typing the name for those things you wear on your eyes when it's bright out. ;)
What, facehuggers?

edit: ROFL

Yep, those exactly. :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk