Author Topic: Beta 0.802 now out.  (Read 1759 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Beta 0.802 now out.
« on: April 24, 2015, 05:11:40 pm »
Release notes: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Stars_Beyond_Reach_Beta_Release_Notes#Version_0.802

Not much to add on my part with this one.  This has the last of the natural wonders implemented, although not with their true functionality yet.  That will probably take me a solid day to do paired up with the new resources.  Maybe Monday, maybe a bit later, I'm not sure.

This one also really focuses a lot on graphical performance and reducing the load on your GPU pipeline.  There is more to be done there, and this isn't the first time we've made a pass like this for the game, but this should improve things a lot when anyone has overlays up and in general for people with older GPUs.

There are also now some new notifications, including for meeting new races for the first time, and a few bugfixes.

More to come on Monday!  If there is anything dire that comes up over the weekend, then please post that in the "urgent things to tell Chris" thread: http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,17301.0.html  Please only if it's actually urgent enough that I need to set aside weekend time with my family to get it, though, if you don't mind. ;)

Oh, right: as usual, you can restart your steam client to force an update.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline topper

Re: Beta 0.802 now out.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 07:47:33 pm »
I dont think this is a critical issue or that it was caused by the current new patch, but...

I thought it was going well, then my population crashed in about 3 turns without much indication about why.
Also, the scouting aspect seems to be pretty nonexistent besides it showing within a certain amount of distance of my buildings. edit: looking at Mantis, it seems like i probably just dont have the correct tech yet...

I dont know if there is anything weird going on compared to anyone else, but save game is attached if anybody wants to look.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 07:50:03 pm by topper »

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Beta 0.802 now out.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 08:06:03 pm »
The scouting thing is a bug that is fixed in the next one, yeah.

As for your sudden crash in citizens, there are a couple of things:

1. You have massive crime showing up.
2. The deaths were from that (hover to see).
3. Your crime rate was astronomical because of a huge shortfall in meals that you had for some reason.  Not sure why you had so many hungry citizens, but hey -- now they're all dead! ;)

Ahem.

Changes in for next version:

* Some adjustments to crime severities at higher populations:
** The amount of crime per unit of littered trash is no longer so increasingly dire as your population goes up.  It does get worse, but not so incredibly bad.
** The amount of crime per shut down building is really REALLY toned down.
** The progression of crime from unclaimed bodies also is now a lot less severe.
** The crime for unemployment has a lower threshold now, as well as scaling lower.
** The crime for hungry citizens was absolutely off the charts nuts after you passed 4200 citizens in particular.  It's now a lot more reasonable all the way through.
** Same deal for homeless.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk