Author Topic: Arcen does Alpha Centauri???  (Read 4046 times)

Offline daz

Arcen does Alpha Centauri???
« on: April 19, 2015, 11:31:21 am »
So exited for this game after reading what little info there is about it.
Can we get some gameplay videos in the near future or write ups with how the game actually plays??
Am i way off thinking Alpha Centauri ish type game in a TLF universe???
If you guys can add some of the magic that you soaked AI Wars in for a re imagining of a an Alpha Centauri type game i have a strong feeling that Arcen will have a massive hit on there hands.
So looking forward to getting my mits on this one :)

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Arcen does Alpha Centauri???
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 11:57:20 am »
There's a game play video (albeit in fast cuts) here:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,17256.0.html

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 11:59:13 am »
I have been considering doing a short little gameplay video, but am hesitant to since it is in a (comparatively) bad state right now. Although, it is the only 4X where I have fun playing for hours without noticing the time going by and that is with a lot of awesome mechanics either not working, being OP or UP, or just being buggy. If we're being honest, I haven't ever played Alpha Centauri, so I can't really compare, but I would say it has a Civilization feel to it although the military aspect of it is definitely unique.

I really hope SBR is a massive hit. I definitely already want expansions and a long lasting series (Like AI War has).
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 01:00:54 pm »
You should go play AC. There is a good reason it is a genre legend. I'd also agree that SBR isn't ready for video, too much is currently in refinement.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 01:02:07 pm »
I definitely need to, but I'm actually having a lot of fun with SBR, when I'm not actually working on something for Arcen. :)

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline daz

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 01:25:30 pm »
Had a read through the thread linked by Draco18s and have a "bit" more of an idea now though still looking forward to some videos or AAR's on the gameplay/mechanics side of things.
On reflection though, the more i find out the more i want to play so i'm going >.<

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 01:27:31 pm »
If you really want to play, you can sign up for the beta.

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 01:33:08 pm »
So exited for this game after reading what little info there is about it.
Can we get some gameplay videos in the near future or write ups with how the game actually plays??
Am i way off thinking Alpha Centauri ish type game in a TLF universe???
If you guys can add some of the magic that you soaked AI Wars in for a re imagining of a an Alpha Centauri type game i have a strong feeling that Arcen will have a massive hit on there hands.
So looking forward to getting my mits on this one :)
Only the premise: they're all on a planet which is alive. Some of the races share tropes with AC factions, because of how the genre works. Oh, and everyone's from Alien Crossfire. Past that it's not very similar. The game plays more like Sim City, albeit without power lines/water pipes and with shooting other people's cities.

If you're looking for the next Alpha Centauri you're probably better off waiting for Beyond Earth to get an expansion or two. Stars Beyond Reach is going to be its own thing.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 05:59:36 pm »
  daz if you want to get involved you should probably just ask chris hell probably give you an answer tomorrow or the day after at the most just a warning though this game is a little bit buggy at the moment.
c.r

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 05:05:37 am »
Stars Beyond Reach is going to be its own thing.
As Arcen always do. ;D
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk