Author Topic: I ate'nt dead  (Read 6299 times)

Offline jerith

I ate'nt dead
« on: June 25, 2015, 06:32:48 pm »
A combination of factors1 conspired to pull me away from SBR (but not its music!) for a while, and the break's probably a good thing. I'm hopefully going to have some solid time over the weekend to get stuck back in, and I'll refrain from catching up on the state of the game until I've had a poke around it.

I won't exactly have fresh eyes, but my only game since territories were added only lasted thirty or so turns, so there's a whole lot of new stuff there at least.

1: I got a moderately nasty cold, then gave it to my girlfriend, then recovered just in time to be beset with interns at work (they're seasonal, and they outnumber us this time around). I also purchased Endless Legend on the Steam sale and have been alternately loving it and cursing its UI.

Offline jerith

Re: I ate'nt dead
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 08:52:24 am »
Now that I've put a few hours into SBR-with-territories, I find myself somewhat unsatisfied.

Most of the game feels like it fits together better than it ever has before. There's more to do early on, more interesting city design options, more streamlined combat, and so on. But I keep wanting to talk to my neighbours about more than just trade (which I can't do much of early-game) or their special abilities (which mostly don't apply).

I shall await the upcoming diplomacy work with keen interest.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 11:01:46 am »
Now that I've put a few hours into SBR-with-territories, I find myself somewhat unsatisfied.

Most of the game feels like it fits together better than it ever has before. There's more to do early on, more interesting city design options, more streamlined combat, and so on. But I keep wanting to talk to my neighbours about more than just trade (which I can't do much of early-game) or their special abilities (which mostly don't apply).

I shall await the upcoming diplomacy work with keen interest.
same here combats better but I find combat boring in games like this unless its for defence personally I'm really looking forward to the diplomacy love.
c.r

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 10:44:59 am »
Yeah, been pretty much the same thing here... I've had stuff to do & deal with IRL lately that's been bloody distracting, so the last time I had a REAL go at this was just after territories were added, and I only had time to get just a bit into it.  My presense in this beta so far as a whole has been pretty low.  Definitely not on purpose.  I aint been very helpful though.

On a total side note, the title of this topic:  from Discworld, is it?

Offline Tolc

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 03:55:01 pm »
Yes, it is. Can't remember which book, though. Probably one of the witches books, but I might be wrong.

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 05:27:56 pm »
Yes, it is. Can't remember which book, though. Probably one of the witches books, but I might be wrong.
It's a trick question actually, it's from every one of the Witch books where Granny is the main character. It's the sign she leaves on her door when she goes astral projecting. ;D

Offline Tolc

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 04:00:42 pm »
It's a trick question actually, it's from every one of the Witch books where Granny is the main character. It's the sign she leaves on her door when she goes astral projecting. ;D
Ah, of course  :D