Author Topic: Returning Redshirt thoughts  (Read 4527 times)

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
Returning Redshirt thoughts
« on: June 19, 2015, 02:45:51 am »
I technically am not considered a redshirt, but I did play during that time and loved it. Even though it didn't have a lot of elements it has now, I found it hard to stop playing. Back then, I didn't feel the need to expand or engage in combat (I actually didn't enjoy the combat back then at all), but now I definitely do. I started by trying to play how I used to and that was a pretty big mistake. I was quickly penned in by the Thoraxians and crushed since neither of us could understand the other. Even still, it was a ton of fun for the 150 or so turns I played. The combat is actually fun now and I want to blast my way through the other races, the city building is pretty good (I can't really comment on it, since I horribly failed and died as a result), the UI is a lot better now than it was before and the game feels like it is a full, complete game.

The biggest thing I have run into was I didn't want to start the game, the theme song was so amazing. I actually downloaded the Open Codecs in order to listen to it outside the game. I haven't had the time to hear the entirety of the rest of the songs, but the pieces I did hear are amazing! A huge shout-out to Pablo for making this! This is actually the first time I've ever really enjoyed a game's music enough to want to hear it more, which proves that having Pablo working with you is better than having millions to spend on audio.
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
Re: Returning Redshirt thoughts
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 08:53:28 am »
I technically am not considered a redshirt, but I did play during that time and loved it. Even though it didn't have a lot of elements it has now, I found it hard to stop playing. Back then, I didn't feel the need to expand or engage in combat (I actually didn't enjoy the combat back then at all), but now I definitely do. I started by trying to play how I used to and that was a pretty big mistake. I was quickly penned in by the Thoraxians and crushed since neither of us could understand the other. Even still, it was a ton of fun for the 150 or so turns I played. The combat is actually fun now and I want to blast my way through the other races, the city building is pretty good (I can't really comment on it, since I horribly failed and died as a result), the UI is a lot better now than it was before and the game feels like it is a full, complete game.

The biggest thing I have run into was I didn't want to start the game, the theme song was so amazing. I actually downloaded the Open Codecs in order to listen to it outside the game. I haven't had the time to hear the entirety of the rest of the songs, but the pieces I did hear are amazing! A huge shout-out to Pablo for making this! This is actually the first time I've ever really enjoyed a game's music enough to want to hear it more, which proves that having Pablo working with you is better than having millions to spend on audio.
1 yea the combat definitely does seem a lot more compelling than it used to be 2 personaly I like the music in this game a lot but it still doesn't hold a candle to tlfs soundtrack for me personally.
c.r

Offline Zebeast46

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 09:47:10 am »

1 yea the combat definitely does seem a lot more compelling than it used to be 2 personaly I like the music in this game a lot but it still doesn't hold a candle to tlfs soundtrack for me personally.

Personnaly my favorite track was the bionic dues theme, the TLF songs never really got my attention but I am really liking the SBR theme song which puts at a close second. After that comes alot of the songs put in the dlc for A.I war
AI 1 = Chris.

AI 2 = Keith.

Taken from Bognor

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 10:30:56 am »

Personnaly my favorite track was the bionic dues theme, the TLF songs never really got my attention but I am really liking the SBR theme song which puts at a close second. After that comes alot of the songs put in the dlc for A.I war
seems like I'm the minority on this in thinking that tlfs soundtrack is the best cant really comment on ai wars soundtrack since I've only played a bit of the demo and all that stuck with me was the menu theme.
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk