Author Topic: just had a crazy idea regarding linguistics.  (Read 788 times)

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
just had a crazy idea regarding linguistics.
« on: April 23, 2015, 02:48:49 pm »
so I was thinking about races and diplomatic stuff while I was doing the dishes and then I started thinking about the different agreements you can make in civ 5 and it occurred to me what if you could do something like that to boost your linguistic research(with a race different to the one your making the deal with obviously) when you get to a certain level of it with a race for example I get my linguistics up to 4 with the skylaxians then we make an agreement were in exchange for their help I pay them currency market items resources extra so what do you chaps think of  this idea ill send to mantis unless It gets shot down here completely?.
c.r

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
Re: just had a crazy idea regarding linguistics.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 04:55:35 pm »
I can see the merits of that. But, there would need to be other limits. Namely, if you are the Zenith talking to the Skylaxians and want to know how to talk to the Krolin, then the Skylaxians should already know how to talk to them, and can only help you up to that point. Hope that made sense! Maybe it should be a one-time giant payment, since they would probably just hand us a complete dictionary or something.
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
Re: just had a crazy idea regarding linguistics.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 05:36:52 pm »
personally I was thinking more along the lines of getting a besific boost to your linguistics each turn like say 100 or 200 extra points per turn though I'm not definite on that depends on what you could balance better I suppose(not being exact just thinking of the top of my head) do like the idea of them only being able to help you up to the point that there already at though(although I assumed that the ai races already understood each other perfectly having advanced technology and having been around and so fourth) also I was thinking of only having you be able to do this deal with certain races namely skylaxians acutions andors yali (not sure about the krolin or the spire I don't really know enough about them to be honest) zenith no idea about the neinzul since I know nothing about those guys lore wise boarines also I was thinking having the availability of this being also dependant on the leader of that race.
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk