Author Topic: Are crowns too easy to come by?  (Read 1752 times)

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
Re: Are crowns too easy to come by?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2015, 11:18:37 am »
Yeah, pretty much that. The amount of population you need is totally off the scale.
And then you have a lot of unemployments that you need to entertain.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 11:24:07 am »
Oh, I see.  Yeah, that's very much intended.  Teeny weeny little cities are not meant to be able to support so much in the way of income-producers.  There is more balance that is needed there for sure, but having populations that are well into the five digits in a reasonably-sized city is a big goal.  And having a large pool of unemployed is super critical for a healthy city if you're being attacked.

To some extent there are some short-term problems here that I definitely understand why you're focused on.  But there's a logical progression to that that just isn't quite gelling yet that leads into later stuff.

For instance, right now your biggest problems are usually just losing population to disease.  When it comes to later losing buildings to raids against you, that's a whole other type of body blow.  There's going to be a lot of balance work done around making that not a devastating ragequit situation.  In the meantime there's a limited amount of point to trying to balance without that factor in there.

We should have the AIs hassling you properly within the next couple of days at the latest.

Oh, and also: resource generation from utilizing resources is meant to be a big thing, so that you have to do territory capture and control the map more.  Certainly mining a resource already generates income for you, but actually using those resources in your resource-user buildings is something that's going to really make you able to have a lot more citizens and growth with fewer buildings in the future.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2015, 11:27:18 am »
Teeny weeny little cities are... [for decorative purposes only]

Yeah! Down with any hamlet under 35k people. >D

I've got mixed feelings about the economic system. I made a thread about it, so I'll not soapbox.

With the current game, the answer is Shrines (possibly factories and extractors, but they have quantity and pollution issues). With each 1k people you need ~5 shrines or so to keep things balanced.

PS see disclaimer.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2015, 12:05:32 pm »
usually I can get over diseases but it takes a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng time and usually among that time I cant really do anything because my generations get reduced to pathetic amounts.(I've actually had one game my revenue went into the negatives because I wasn't producing any trading currency)
c.r

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2015, 12:36:39 pm »
usually I can get over diseases but it takes a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng time and usually among that time I cant really do anything because my generations get reduced to pathetic amounts.(I've actually had one game my revenue went into the negatives because I wasn't producing any trading currency)
Sounds familiar to me ;D.
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2015, 03:22:22 pm »
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!