Author Topic: Skyward Collapse Broken Achievements  (Read 13462 times)

Offline Luffeh

Skyward Collapse Broken Achievements
« on: April 02, 2014, 05:02:24 pm »
Hey there.

Is there any chance of getting the broken achievements (Getting to level 10-13), removed from Steam?
I read on the official Steam discussions that the achievements were removed from the game, but they weren't removed from Steam.
So there's no possibility to 100% the game.

Best regards, Luffeh
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 05:07:39 pm by Luffeh »

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Re: Skyward Collapse Broken Achievements
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 05:20:11 am »
Hi & Welcome to the Forums :).

I asked the same sometime ago, but unfortunately there is apparently no way for them to do this.
Somebody proposed a solution in the thread here, but i did not try it yet...
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Luffeh

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 06:00:19 am »
I'm sure they can. Lots of developers have removed their broken achievements.
They can both add, edit, and remove them using the Steam dev tool.

Offline Riabi

• Former Arcen Staff (tigersfan)
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 07:18:49 am »
Hey Luffeh,

I used to work here, I'm tigersfan from that thread. I was the guy managing the Steam back end that had the achievements and such at that time. Trust me when I tell you, there's actually no way it can be done. The problem is that it USED to be something you could achieve, and at that time, there were some players that achieved it. But the game's design changed such that that achievement was no longer possible. So, what the Steam dev tools won't let you do is take away achievements from players that already earned them, which is what would need to happen here.

Offline Luffeh

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 12:39:30 pm »
Hey Riabi,

It doesn't matter whether users have unlocked it already, or not, if it's broken(removed from the game), you should delete it, instead of ruining everyone's joy of getting 100% achievements in it.
I know instances where users have gotten an achievement, which got broken in later updates, and they did remove them when asked.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 01:40:21 pm »
Sorry about the inconvenience.

The dev site has an NDA thing on it so I'll go light on the details, but: I just checked, and the removal of those achievements has been attempted, but we get an error message when trying to actually make it happen.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 01:44:14 pm »
Ah, ok, it's gone through now.  For Skyward Collapse.  Can you confirm that it's no longer trying to include those achievements in the list?  I'm not sure if what I see is exactly what you see.

There was one for Valley2 that wasn't working too, I think you mentioned, the Feralist class getting 50 kills thing?  Odd that it wouldn't work if the other class-kills ones do.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 01:51:47 pm »
Ah, ok, it's gone through now.  For Skyward Collapse.  Can you confirm that it's no longer trying to include those achievements in the list?  I'm not sure if what I see is exactly what you see.

There was one for Valley2 that wasn't working too, I think you mentioned, the Feralist class getting 50 kills thing?  Odd that it wouldn't work if the other class-kills ones do.
They are gone now! That makes you my hero-of-the-day Keith! Just so you know ;)...
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 01:54:24 pm »
Np :)

It was strange; someone had done the change apparently quite a while ago, it just hadn't "taken".  Ah well.

Offline Luffeh

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 03:38:37 pm »
Thanks a lot!, they have been removed!  :)

A Valley Without Wind 2 has a broken achievement yeah, me and my friends have tried it, and probably killed 5 times the requirement :/
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 03:52:34 pm by Luffeh »

Offline CosinusPW

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 03:59:37 pm »
*Wild Animal* from Valley 2 does indeed appear to be broken, I had previously posted about this on the game's respective forums and on Mantis.
I was glad to see that the broken achievement from Valley 1 was removed a while back, thanks guys.

Offline Riabi

• Former Arcen Staff (tigersfan)
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 08:24:00 pm »
Np :)

It was strange; someone had done the change apparently quite a while ago, it just hadn't "taken".  Ah well.

I was the one that had done it. heh. Anyway, I'm glad it worked this time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk