Author Topic: Care to weigh in on potential logo concepts? Vote here! (Round 4)  (Read 9736 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Care to weigh in on potential logo concepts? Vote here! (Round 4)
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 07:35:42 pm »
There is a silver-text on green-island version of #277 that is even better, I think.  That will be in the next poll.  It's a bit more readable, and is clearer as to what it is when reduced, and better conveys the tone of the game.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 09:12:44 pm »
There is a silver-text on green-island version of #277 that is even better, I think.  That will be in the next poll.  It's a bit more readable, and is clearer as to what it is when reduced, and better conveys the tone of the game.

That sounds alot better.   277 is nice, but the red coloring of the land bit just bugs me for some reason.  Doesnt look quite right.   Green or blue would be much better.

Offline Fiskbit

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Master Member Mark III
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 12:25:54 am »
Most of these logos make me think the game is called Skyward: Collapse. For me, 277 and 242 are probably the best, though I don't care for the top of the island in 277. I like the background in 268, but not the text (at all). The W in 276 might be nice for game icons, but stylistically, I'm not a big fan of it and the logo relies on it. 274 and 226 also come across to me as a bit bland, without anything particularly interesting or noteworthy about them.

About 277, I don't like that Collapse casts a shadow on Skyward; it looks messy to me.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 09:11:46 am »
Awesome, thanks -- I think that the green version of 277 is looking like the winner, based on the submissions that have come in this morning.  The newer version has the silver text on green, which works better.  Personally I love the battlefield look on the top of it, but that's just me!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 09:37:46 am »
Yeah the Floating Island backdrop with all the cool animated weapons sticking out of the ground really does it for me. If I saw that logo, knowing NOTHING else about the game, I would be super interested already.

I really like the red color scheme though. Can we see what it looks like in green?
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 09:42:54 am »
277 is OK, except it doesn't scale well when it is small.

When it is small, you see just a few blips over the ground.

You may need to make a low res version.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 09:57:01 am »
Sure thing!  Here's the final stuff I'm considering in a new poll: http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,12792.0.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk