Author Topic: Skyward Collapse Alpha 0.990  (Read 5117 times)

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
Re: Skyward Collapse Alpha 0.990
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2013, 11:13:29 am »
Now now, I'm not a perfect example, I through a combination of dumb luck and town center philosophy have managed to simultaneously create a non siege chokepoint while allowing siege units to do limited damage regardless. So I'm wracking up points while keeping an relatively balance of power.

I suggested the mythologicals more so that I couldn't so easily cheese it using one strategy.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2013, 11:14:24 am »
All right:

* Athena's olive branch now gives massive negative points and has a huge cooldown.

Probably should do the same to the horn as well I think.

It already has a cooldown of 30 and 60 turns on hard and expert, but on easy and medium it's 10...

Ah well.  I made it 30/50/80 now.

Ah, I wasn't actually aware that the cooldowns were different between difficulties.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2013, 12:12:38 pm »
You guys ever had a day where you wanted to just sleep in and yet couldn't for whatever reason...
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2013, 01:23:04 pm »
You guys ever had a day where you wanted to just sleep in and yet couldn't for whatever reason...
I could never sleep in unless I stayed up heavily the night before.

...cooldowns...
I would suggest to tone down the increase per difficulty, but that's me. A player can get stuck not being able to deploy anything because the woes and cool-downs conspire to lock you out of the game. Then you just place some grass tiles towards your next town-center locations and press end turn.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2013, 01:25:38 pm »
Then you just place some grass tiles towards your next town-center locations and press end turn.
Mental image of a comic panel with the creator kind of moping around "world falling apart around me, everybody dying, everything's burning, and all I can do is mow the grass" ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk