Author Topic: Skyward Collapse Alpha 0.953  (Read 4565 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Skyward Collapse Alpha 0.953
« on: May 21, 2013, 08:58:49 pm »
Another small one: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Skyward_Collapse_-_Pre-Beta_Release_Notes#Alpha_0.953

This one has the score multipliers for after game victory based on your difficulty level, which basically lets your score reflect what difficulty level(s) you were playing on.  There are some reviewers who have made it very well known to me in the past that they love this sort of thing. ;)  Not that they ever held it against me for not having it per se, but there's been some lively debate between me and them on podcasts, heh.

Anyway.  So that's in, and then there are also some notable AP cost changes for barracks and archery range units, to bring those into more balance.  Not that I want the OLD balance back -- this is supposed to be faster and more violent with the AP model after all -- but I also don't want the archers to completely obsolete the military guys.  The current approach is more balanced, but still more violent than it was before.  Further tuning in this area to come, I have no doubt.

Enjoy!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Winge

Re: Skyward Collapse Alpha 0.953
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 09:32:47 pm »
I think you've put out around 4 patches before I've been able to complete one game  :o
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 09:46:31 pm »
 ;D
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 10:05:42 pm »
I think you've put out around 4 patches before I've been able to complete one game  :o

It's Arcen.  Would you expect anything less?
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Winge

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 10:26:34 pm »
It's Arcen.  Would you expect anything less?

I suppose not ;).  I do wish I had more time to play...I've been rather busy this last week.
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 10:44:51 pm »
Going to splatter more things as I write them.

Got past phase 1, even with my "I don't care" cap on. Yay!

In my confusion, I basically spent 7 of my 9 points to make heavy infantry.

The tutorial warns me that due to mythological imbalance, the norse will need help...that sounded odd even to me via forum creep, and true enough, it is the opposite. The norse mythos is crushing the greek mythos. But that is a bug, and needs to be corrected.

I have a stone mason, and need more cut stone to make a smithy. Yet more stone no come. Why? ***

Now they come, but in weird amounts. How does this sorcery work?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 10:48:37 pm by chemical_art »
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 10:48:37 pm »
Masons need raw materials to work with.  You need to place Rock Quarry to give it the rocks :)

And Norse have a weak military but strong mythologicals.  Greeks have a strong military and weaker mythologicals.
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 10:51:15 pm »

And Norse have a weak military but strong mythologicals.  Greeks have a strong military and weaker mythologicals.

"The two mythological creatures on the map are not evenly matched. You may need to place some more barracks on the norse side to balance things out..."

This implies the norse [mythos] needs extra help via barracks due to the mythos being weaker, which is not true. The statement needs to be alter that the greeks need the barracks, or to clarify the varying powers of gods and mythos vs. military
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 10:56:38 pm »
Logs cost logs. It sort of makes sense, but just causes headaches for those who don't know what they are doing, and doesn't really effect the game if things are going right.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 11:04:29 pm »
I didn't see the tutorial line you were referring too.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 11:07:39 pm »
I get it as part of the first turn of the game after placing buildings. The section starts with "Now it's time to see your first bit of combat!" and it part of paragraph 3.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 11:11:49 pm »
Yeah...the light elf is one shotting all my greek units, since it fires three times, and is healing so fast it as easily recovered from its wounds against the greek mythos, and now is laying siege to my greek town.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 11:15:49 pm »
This is actually because the tutorial pushes you into placing a Chimera for the Greeks.  Chimera are a lot stronger and will probably outright kill the elf.  To kill that Chimera you will need more than one barracks provides.  In fact, ignoring the Chimera will lead to Red being obliterated fairly quickly.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 11:18:58 pm »
In my game, the crimera got absolutely thrashed by the elf. The elf lived with over half health. I put each of the units three spaces out from the town centers, figuring that would be a forward yet near town position.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 11:21:58 pm »
I'm scratching my head now, since the reversed just happened upon reload
Life is short. Have fun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk